• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a question about one of these FJ540

Headhunterx

I got one of these in trade and it is in great condition except for the fact that it needs 6 new print heads due to the last owner not looking after them. So here is my question is this printer worth saving by buying 6 new heads or do I just part it out and move on. I need another Dye machine for some of my art reproductions I do for some local artists and I do quite a bit of poster printing and so I just wanted to hear from some of you who use these and could tell me if the quality is good for what I want it to do.
Thank You In Advance For Your Help,
Richard

Are the heads dried up, or are they physically damaged? I can't imagine 6 heads needing to be replaced at once. The pigment ink is much easier on the printer parts and heads, you may be able to do manual cleans (a lot) and save the heads ($875 each!) Good luck

Headhunterx

They cleaned up fine after a soaking but they still don't work. I have even tried them in other machines I have here (mutoh) and 2 just spew ink one leaks all over the place and the others will blow fuses, so they are all screwed. I work on these type of printers all the time and I have done the usual procedures to get them up and running.

Thanks,
Richard