• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have banding in prints

autowraps

Hi, I have a Mutoh Valuejet 1604 and have been having a recurring problem with banding in the print. We do all of the required routine maintenance and then some, we have tried several different profiles with no luck. We print on 3M IJ680cv3. Any suggestions?

Stealth Ryder

Welcome to a Great forum...

1. If you print a Check Nozzle Pattern are all nozzles firing correctly?
2. Is Page Feed adjusted correctly?

cdiesel

Just bustin your chops..

A pic of what's happenning would help us diagnose the problem. Is it in all colors?

artbot

better yet, cut off a piece and scan it high res. sometimes the issue pics are a bit blurry and it's hard to diagnose.

Mr Gerbik

A tech from Mutoh explained to me that the 3M IJ180C is one of the more dense vinyls and to adjust the heater settings accordingly. I too have found that on most solvent units this media has the most banding problems. He suggested turning pre heater all the way up, print heater barely on, and dry heater all the way up (dryer not as critical). He explained the higher pre temp will soften the vinyl and allow it to accept ink better, and the lower print heater will give ink more time to absorb into the vinyl. Makes sense to me and have suggested to EUs and got positive feedback and they continue to run this configuration on the 3M media. May not solve your problem, but also check the grit (feed) encoder on the left hand end of unit for issues, try allowing slack in media so printer isn't pulling from roll. Clean the pnch rollers with alcohol, could be slipping. Verify profile is correct.