• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have Roland SG540 and Summa TR2 and want to know best way to cut laminated material

mrgarcia707

I have a Roland SG540 and Summa Plotter and would like to know the best way to cut files. Do I use Versaworks? Does versaworks interface with the summa? If I want to use the Roland how do I increase the blade depth from Labels to cut Laminated Stickers because I'm able to kiss cut vinyl without laminate but not necessarily sure how to increase the pressure to cut through laminate and vinyl? Is this done within Versaworks or at the printer itself?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We print on our Roland and cut to Summa plotters through Onyx. I don't believe there is a way to have Versaworks play nice with other brands of plotters. You can manually adjust the blade depth (remove blade holder, spin the bottom to adjust blade depth) but as a rule of thumb I believe you only want the blade sticking out a hair. The cut weight can be adjusted either on the machine or through versaworks.

mrgarcia707

If I have it correctly cutting labels but need it to pierce the vinyl a bit more, how do I increase the depth if I’m using versaworks