Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hope to spit in your messkit...Sorry Floyd!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Red Ball, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Red Ball

Red Ball Very Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Tags:
  2. LoneRanger01

LoneRanger01 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    you can't be that old, the short is done in color and I remember as a kid there was not any color TV shows or color TV's and very few color movies. Which begs me to ask the question, were all signs done in black and white before they had color vinyl?

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    i hope i poop in your group!

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

5. Red Ball

Red Ball Very Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    OK, only 52.

As a teen I loved to listen to (gasp) talk radio on the old WFAA AM570 out of Dallas.
    They had an evening show hosted by a fellow called Dave Lowell (?) who would feature Lum and Abner, Bob and Ray, Hudson and Landry and other older comedy radio programs.
    As a child in So. Dak. (yes I remember the old abbreviations) I remember black and white TV.

We had two TV stations. CBS out of Souix Falls and a PBS from Valentine ? Neb.

Absolute favorites were Captain Kangaroo, Wild, Wild West, Captain 11 (CBS) and the Electric Company (PBS).

Captain 11 had a 41 year run. A lot of corn fed kids (me) loved him. A very kind soul.
    http://66.231.15.194/captain11/index.cfm

6. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

cousin brucie.....WLS chicago am radio. wolfman jack, WABC new york...WWVA wheeling w.va. KDKA radio........

7. LoneRanger01

LoneRanger01 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I remember when "So. Dak." was the proper abbrevation before they went to two letters. When I returned from Viet Nam in 69 I left the Marine Corps and joined the Air Force and was station at Rapid City S D. All I wanted to do was fly around in one of those B52's and drop nukes on Russia. They gave me a rifle and put me under groung (missle silo) and said guard this. I went back to the Marine Corps and got out in 72 when there were no more wars......So Dak is a cool state.

8. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Still have a B/W Phillips in the basement.
    Ken

9. LoneRanger01

LoneRanger01 Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is that one of those Phillips that has the picture tube on a pole above a box? they can be worth some money....