• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I I just fount the color swatches in Versaworks!

Salmoneye

just fount the color swatches in Versaworks and printed them out. 22 pages of 8.5 x 11. I am cutting these into sheets and putting them in page protectors for my salesman. I think that these are going to come in very handy. They might not have every color under the sun but a customer can just point and say "This is the red that I am looking for". It's a little thing but I am excited.

Salmoneye

Yes, they are just listed under one of the tabs in Versaworks and they correspond to the versaworks color library. There were 4 or 5 different charts but the one I am talking about was called swatches I think. I will go over to our rip computer and check it again.

Salmoneye

I found the chips in my versaworks rip for my xc-540 I printed them on vinyl so I would end up with a sample chip of what my machine outputs for that color value on standard vinyl. This way no matter what the color looks like on screen I know what my machine will output.

threads1

If you want to show a true rendering of your printed colors, you should print a swatch book for each different material you use to print on. Each will print a little different.

Salmoneye

I agree but Versaworks would not let me set any profiles or parameters. It chose a generic vinyl profile so I don't know if you can do anything else. The slight difference will still be OK for the 'Government Work' we do around here.

Farmboy

You can set profiles, been awhile since I've done it. You have to set it in the queue. If your using a generic profile they won't look the same as the product profiles. High speed and High quality settings will also change the look of the final print.

JRSdecals

Go to the edit menu and Queue settings. Set the profile you want to print the swatches in there first (same as setting your default basically). Because when you bring the swatch in, you can not change it in the job settings, its based on the what you have set as your default profile and speed in the queue properties.