• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just got Adobe Font Folio 11

ARMSRAISED

I love fonts, anyone love fonts?
There is some great new fonts here, I just cant wait to use everyone of them.
I drive my wife crazy when we're out, I'll see the same font used in so many places, I saw the same font the other day three times, once at a gas station, next at a hair salon, and then on a product in the produce department at the grocery store. Some folks just have no clue how to select the correct fonts! Drives my crazy!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's a shame really, fonts are probably as pure of graphical design that you can get.

graphical design?

I wasn't going to say anything

As a former type dealer, type aficionado, and the developer of the first program to identify type from a printed sample using a database for comparison, I agree with WWD. A letterform is just as much a graphic as is a drawing of an object. I would call your attention to definitions #3, #4 and #9.

graph·ic [graf-ik]

–adjective Also, graph·i·cal.

1. giving a clear and effective picture; vivid: a graphic account of an earthquake.
2. pertaining to the use of diagrams, graphs, mathematical curves, or the like; diagrammatic.
3. of, pertaining to, or expressed by writing: graphic symbols.
4. written, inscribed, or drawn.
5. depicted in a realistic or vivid manner: graphic sex and violence.
6. containing graphic descriptions: a graphic movie.
7. Geology . (of a rock) having a texture formed by the intergrowth of certain minerals so as to resemble written characters.
8. Mathematics . pertaining to the determination of values, solution of problems, etc., by direct measurement on diagrams instead of by ordinary calculations.
9. of or pertaining to the graphic arts.

Congratulations on your decision to invest in a great type collection.

visual800

and just what exqactly did you pay for the privilege of using adobe font folio 11, since it is about the same as font folio 7, 6, 5, 4 ...lol

The prices they charge for these are absolutely ridiculous

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I do know that in later versions they eliminated the entire Berthold Library of fonts which is a huge chunk of awesome fonts. Too bad, especially if the price is the same

SignManiac

I read somewhere that typefaces became extinct after fonts took over the world. Even cursive letters are slowly dying off in the old age nursing homes. Just look at what happened to hieroglyphics, no one writes with them anymore either. It's sad really. I predict that before the end of this century we will all be speaking in icons.