• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just had to letter a vehicle in all Comic Sans

Bigdawg

Just Me
as far as crapping on a poorly done sign with a horrid font, we have had to make these but we KNOW it is horrid. most times, the OP is posting the sign because they think it looks good and have no clue that it is terrible. it isn't so much we do it too but they can't is the knowing what is bad and what isn't

This.

We have all made signs we weren't particularly proud of because the client insists on their nephew art or their word document font or whatever. As professional signmakers we SHOULD tell them our opinion of what they are requesting or suggest a change... maybe try to upgrade them to better graphics (which generally costs more) but the bottom line is they are paying us to provide graphics on their vehicle that THEY are happy with. Professional ego shouldn't get in the way of that.

But that's just my opinion.

Mosh

Please post a pic of the finished sign!
I have done Comic and Papyrus signs. Back 10-15 years ago I would go out of my way to NOT do Nephew art, now...I just blast it out so fast no one sees it come out of my shop!!!

peavey123

Anyone else feel like this means a friendly design competition should be launched where you can only use certain fonts? lol