Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just have to know

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by ABPGraphics, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I really would love to know a ballpark of what you would charge - I have already quoted this job and am TERRIFIED I have underbid - there are 10 tankers

the copy on the sides is approx 25' wide the copy on the back is 3' wide standard HP oracal vinyl the globes will be printed one pass - all copy is one pass (I made sure of that) they supplied the artwork

:help

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Really 1 pass..?

3. HulkSmash

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    what's the exact dimensions (w x h) of each graphic.

actually just give me an overall Sqft of printed and installed graphics on each truck

4. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    The sides BT EXP, Global Services, Vernal, UT & phone number - 62 Sq Ft. - the box and globe 6.25 Sq Ft - the back 8.6 Sq. ft.

5. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    for example BT EXP letter height is 20"

6. HulkSmash

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    so 31 sqft a side for the large logo? or 60 each sidE?

7. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    each side 62 sq. ft.

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If you have so much information, why don't you just tell us your already quoted price ?? You're kinda doing this backwards.

Most people come here without a clue as to how to price something... then want to know what everyone else is getting round the world. You've already done your homework, landed the job and now want to know if you left money on the table.

Most people won't post up numbers, but we can at least point you in the right direction after we have some input from you.

They
    must've jumped too fast and now you're second guessing yourself. :Oops:

9. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    they did jump fast and I most definitely am second guessing myself - my quote was $1,600
    per tanker

10. btropical.com

btropical.com Active Member

Jun 4, 2007
    If its gas in those tankers charge the crap out of them !!

11. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    That's a pretty good profit for each tanker. But are you printing them as a white square, or on Clear? What about lamination? Tankers get abused by the cleaning companies they usually contract out to.

12. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I assume this would be print-n-cut or cut vinyl.

I say you're in the ballpark, albeit a little competitive, but not low-ball.
    We probably would have quoted $1800 - $1900

13. Ponto

Ponto Active Member

Nov 24, 2008
    ...."They must've jumped too fast and now you're second guessing yourself. :Oops:[/QUOTE]"

...Don't you just hate that..........if all the bases are covered...material, labour, etc. etc....you should be fine.....if not, then :banghead:

JP

14. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    it will be both mostly cut vinyl and the globes will be digital w/ laminate

15. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Ahh... heck yeah. That's a good price.

(But I don't know about that whole 1 pass thing. Sounds like something a lowball shop would do. How can you stand behind your quality and your product when you purposely give them crap? You are already going through the trouble of offering High Performance Oracal for the cut vinyl. Why jip them on the printed portion? You have to get into the habit of being pickier than your clients... they will always refer you business as a way to say thanks for the extra effort.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  16. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    really? - I think I give them years of quality service - I guess it takes #$%@
    to know #$%@

17. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Yeah, I'm in the Las Vegas market... the low ball central of the United States. There are shops here that will bait and switch you just to get you in the door. Promise you 3M vinyl and lam, and when you get your product they aren't laminated and on chinese "pre-curled" vinyl... and printed in 1 pass.

I'm not calling you or your work crap... just cutting corners when it's not really any extra effort to bump up the print quality.

18. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    not cutting corners - just got lucky that each line will fit within my 24" plotter - will save so much time not having to do top half bottom half

19. Biker Scout

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Oh, you are talking about cut vinyl... I was thinking that you were talking about the printer setting. I believe ColoradoSigns was thinking the same thing.

Apples & Oranges my friend. No... you totally scored an easy profit on this one.

20. ABPGraphics

Nov 13, 2009
    sorry I misunderstood - WOW what a day