• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I know I've seen this posted....but

Replicator

Dreaming . . . ! ! !

Proof of which has been provided below . . .

Attachments

• dreamer.jpg
    dreamer.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 164

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you do a quick trace, you get pretty much what Corel gives you. If you use the Power Trace, by selecting anything but Quick Trace, you can can control the number of nodes generated with the various controls this dialog provides. Don't worry about what the type of image, Line, Logo, Clip Art, etc, you choose, you can change all of this in the Power Trace dialog to suit your particular prejudices.

The point being that with Corel's Power Trace available, why would you want to take pot luck and use the Quick Trace? You're not saving any time since no doubt the Quick Trace uses the same engine as the Power Trace only with Corel's parameters instead of your own.

2NinerNiner2

Stu - you can wake up now :)

Select image; choose one of the trace options OTHER than quick trace; in the Power Trace dialog, on the 'Options' tab, adjust the 'Smoothness' and 'Detail' sliders and check the node count in the 'Trace Results Details' at the bottom of the tab.

Cheers!
Lyle

..OK, back to dreaming now :)

But what happens when the object requires lots of nodes?

When I choose contour cut from Flexi 8 pro...the program says "What are you crazy"?

Then what?

Jackpine

I can't find it.

How do you reduce the amount of nodes when autotracing a bitmap in Corel X3?

Any help is appreciated.
After you do a trace and bring it back into Corel, select the node tool, then marque select all the nodes.A button on the too bar "reduce nodes" will be highlighted. Hit the button and it will auto reduce nodes. Use the slider bar.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
But what happens when the object requires lots of nodes?

When I choose contour cut from Flexi 8 pro...the program says "What are you crazy"?

Then what?

If an object requires lots of nodes, then the object requires lots of nodes. For any image there is an optimum number of nodes required to render it faithfully. Any more nodes than actually required and you get artifacts. Any fewer and you lose detail.

If you have an object with so many nodes that Flexi barfs and there are the right number of nodes to render the object in the level of detail you require, then you lose. Either back off on the detail or don't use it.

If you're tracing a bitmap in Corel just to use as a path for a contour cut in Flexi, there's other ways to skin that cat.

Shovelhead

Select your nodes...........

and right click for node options.
Whatsamadda witch you's Illustrator guys?
If you can't select, your graphic needs to be ungrouped.

Jackpine

I know...I am an Illustrator guy. But when I use this tool I can't marquee the image. ???? I am an idiot I guess.
Select it image, select the node tool and all the nodes will appear. With the node tool .... marque select the nodes and they will turn blue. then mess with the slider bar.......nodes reduced. Or select node tool, click on the image and delete one node at a time. Fred posted a great link the other day about Corel training videos online at Corel Unleashed. Search for the link.

Jackpine

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1155784593548

This is a link to Corel tutorial for nodes. There are a few others there. Corel Unleashed has the CD and the DVD training program for sale. www.thepaperranch.com has the CD for $49.00. I'm not sure if the DVD for $69.00 has more stuff on it but I believe I will buy that one. Fred has a link to some online videos for Corel in a previous post. Hope this may help.
Gerry

http://www.thepaperranch.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes
product link