• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Like Gold

Sign_Boy

I am going to print some decals on a versacamm and
was wondering what would be the best way to achieve the color GOLD.
They are only going to be 3" - 4" in diameter.
I do not want to print on gold.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

GK

i have a couple of premade styles i have saved in photoshop over the years if you would like me to send you a few. Depending on what font you use, the effect will vary so you might need to tweak it.

Sign_Boy

Wow that was fast.
Thank you, I would greatly appreciate it I'll pm you my e-mail address.

George, Thank you once again.

petepaz

roland also has an update avail. that you put the roland color swatches in you adobe illust or corel progam so you can print their color
it's like a roland pms book

Sign_Boy

Thank you petepaz, the only problem is, it's not my printer, but I guess I can get the color swatches. I'll also let the man with the printer know about these.

petepaz

if you can get this it works out good because you don't have to cross your fingers and hope the pms color prints ok you pick the roland color and you get what you pick
when i have a pms color to match i use the closest one on this list and it works pretty good
if you need more info on how to get the swatches imported let me know

mediaman

I you want it to look like real Gold, print yellow on Vinyl efx or Creative Films Chrome Mirror. The result is very nice.

petepaz

nice idea media man

and the swatches are avail:
got to start menu,goto roland versa works in programs and select updates
after that is complete goto start rt click , goto explore,open progam files, open roland versaworks open swatches, select the progam illust or corel
then presets then copy the swatches to you adobe swatch folder

GK

lol that would be the way to go except he said...

"I do not want to print on gold."

Sign_Boy

I also don't have the VersaCamm so I can't
really mess with the computer all that much.

I'll post the design in a few.

I do appreciate all the help on this, I'll have to
remember all of this for when I get my printer.

Sign_Boy

The design...

Attachments

• LT.jpg
    LT.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 110
  • LT2.jpg
    LT2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 92

GK

if i may make a suggestion to you Kevin, make a selection of the circle only (the first one) and touch it up with the "Color Dodge" tool on the upper right and lower left. This will make it look like light is hitting it and make it look like a metal because of the shine =)

ovrcafnatd

I also don't have the VersaCamm so I can't
really mess with the computer all that much.

I'll post the design in a few.

I do appreciate all the help on this, I'll have to
remember all of this for when I get my printer.

Anddd
I'll have to remember that you're getting a printer!
YEAHHHH
can you say, "wholesale"
:Big Laugh :wink:

I like what you did with that George - cool effect

Sign_Boy

if i may make a suggestion to you Kevin, make a selection of the circle only (the first one) and touch it up with the "Color Dodge" tool on the upper right and lower left. This will make it look like light is hitting it and make it look like a metal because of the shine =)

I must be dumb I can't figure out that tool, all these years and I never used it ever:help: