• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love 3M.

HulkSmash

Quoting a massive fleet job. To get special pricing from 3M for 70 rolls of vinyl and lam to start this job, they refuse to help me unless i give them the name of my client and project description.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

OOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You should hear the excuse they use for the reasoning. So technically...They give the special pricing to my customer and not me.. is what they said.

Nope. Nice try 3M. Stay classy.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Just..... wow. What a load of cr@p. What on earth does it matter who the client is? That's like a car stealership not wanting to give a price on their car until they know what you might be trading it. What I'm trading in, who my client it, whatever, has absolutely nothing to do with the price of your item.

2B

:covereyes::noway:

you have to give it to them, they have no issue making policies (no matter how illogical) and sticking to them.

C

ColoPrinthead

:covereyes:

In all fairness they maybe trying to keep you from getting your vendors pricing, but doing so in a very poorly thought out way. Asking about the client when they have their back story is ridiculous imo. Will your vendor/s not cut you a deal if you let them broker it?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does not smell good;
Should be interesting to see what the 3M rep here on the forum has to say about this.

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

:covereyes:

In all fairness they maybe trying to keep you from getting your vendors pricing, but doing so in a very poorly thought out way. Asking about the client when they have their back story is ridiculous imo. Will your vendor/s not cut you a deal if you let them broker it?

yeah, that's not the reason.

rjssigns

Thanks for the post. They must lay awake at night dreaming things up.(with pharmaceutical help by the sounds of it)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Color..........

Do you deal directly with 3M ??

Perhaps a different appraoch will work. Possibly you could get a better deal, trying a rather large vendor. You already know the pricing on one or two.... or ten roll deals. You should be able to figure out what their discount is gonna be for 70 rolls. Take the bull by the horns and tell them what you are willing to pay and to Hell with who the customer is. In this instance..... you're the customer. Besides, there are vendors/distributors that don't buy that in a year from them. Why don't you consider setting up a distributorship.... or at least a drop-off point for someone ??

johnnysigns

3M will not even blink at that approach ^^^^

A distributor maybe, but not 3M. This level of order isn't even a pimple on the pimple on their butt. I'm not crapping on Colorado by saying that, just pushing the point that 3M is so big.

parrott

A distributor maybe, but not 3M. This level of order isn't even a pimple on the pimple on their butt. I'm not crapping on Colorado by saying that, just pushing the point that 3M is so big.

Very true. I am surprised that 3M would even consider you ordering direct. Either way, definitely sounds shady on 3M's part.

Baz

So if it's not even a pimple why are they asking who the client is?

Baz

Have you forgotten about their collusion with automotive dealerships?

No i have not forgotten ... That's why i question the "not even a pimple on a pimple" reference. Looks to me like they are very interested in his order request.

rjssigns

No i have not forgotten ... That's why i question the "not even a pimple on a pimple" reference. Looks to me like they are very interested in his order request.

They aren't satisfied with what they have and want more. Just like the rest of us. Simple business. Problem is they have the wherewithal to crush the market if so desired.

gspicer

They want customer info to make sure you are not buying to resell or stockpiling the materials and they really only want to deal with distributors, not installers. 70 rolls to 3m isn't much and they won't really be interested unless your buying a lot more film. That is nice size order to buy from a distributor not 3m.

-Gregor

rjssigns

They want customer info to make sure you are not buying to resell or stockpiling the materials and they really only want to deal with distributors, not installers. 70 rolls to 3m isn't much and they won't really be interested unless your buying a lot more film. That is nice size order to buy from a distributor not 3m.

-Gregor

Odd comment.

IMO If you buy a massive amount of anything from me I could care less if you set fire to it. Asking for client names is going way too far.