• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love customers artwork!

showcase 66

So I get a call this morning from a a lady who needs prices for shirts and hats for this private school. They told me they have their design done and just need prices. They need the prices in an hour when they have their advisory meeting.

No problem just send the artwork over so I can see what you need and and will get you a quote quickly.

This is what they sent.

Nothing else just this.

I have emailed them back hoping they sent the wrong file but I am thinking they did not.

Attachments

• azva logo final.jpg
    azva logo final.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 77

Cmiller01

Printer
That looks to be on par with some of the artwork I have gotten in the past. That, and, or a tiny little 2" tall logo from the internet that they want blown up to 3' for a banner. Hate that...

401Graphics

looks to be vectorized already. I think maybe you have your view on AI set to outlines only. and they forgot to convert strokes to outlines.

OlsonSigns601

Look at the bright side, at least they didn't try and do their own design with Publisher or Paint and then send it to you hoping you duplicate it exactly.

You've now got a rough idea of what they are looking for and now you can make it look good so when they say where they get it from it will be more of a "WOW" than an "oh"

ThinkRight

So I get a call this morning from a a lady who needs prices for shirts and hats for this private school. They told me they have their design done and just need prices. They need the prices in an hour when they have their advisory meeting.

No problem just send the artwork over so I can see what you need and and will get you a quote quickly.

This is what they sent.

Nothing else just this.

I have emailed them back hoping they sent the wrong file but I am thinking they did not.
Quick !
Hire that lady to be your Creative Designer !
:ROFLMAO:

showcase 66

Never heard back from them. I even called back and the lady said that was what they wanted. They thought I would design it for free with the shirts. "That how everyone else does it." Her words.

Told her that is not how it works but I would send her an estimate with an art charge and the shirts.

I am guessing I wont be doing the work.

2972renfro

I don't like giving away design for free but is this really a "design". That is just text and a heart can be drawn in 10 seconds or typed out using a dingbat font.

This whole layout should take all of 5 minutes and in this instance I don't know if it would be worth charging for a layout and losing a potential customer.

Do you have an art charge for EVERY job? Typing out text on a sign would take the same amount of time or more

2B

another print ready file

Got this in the other day as a "PRINT AS IS" was in the E-mail to be enlarged to a 48 x 48 sign. this is the EXACT file that they sent 18.7kb in all its size of glory

:banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• 2008-LionLogo1c_thumb.jpg
    2008-LionLogo1c_thumb.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 62

OlsonSigns601

Got this in the other day as a "PRINT AS IS" was in the E-mail to be enlarged to a 48 x 48 sign. this is the EXACT file that they sent 18.7kb in all its size of glory

:banghead::banghead:

2B, That's crazy
Ironically I have a customer that goes by 2BZ and they normally do Clothing. She dipped into some sign work and had me do some graphic printing for them.

She sends me that file, just better resolution not very good though and tells me to just go with it that's what they gave us.

Guy from the Lions club came in later that day and ordered some different signs but with the same logo.

Only difference was we used the vector logo we got from Lions Club because we asked for it. Our order was crisp and clean, their order was how they wanted it... pixelated.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack just thought it was ironic.

CanuckSigns

Look at the bright side, at least they didn't try and do their own design with Publisher or Paint and then send it to you hoping you duplicate it exactly.

You've now got a rough idea of what they are looking for and now you can make it look good so when they say where they get it from it will be more of a "WOW" than an "oh"

:goodpost:
I wish some of my customers would come to me with something like this. It's showing you the overall direction they want to go, while giving you TONS of artistic freedom.

Look at it as an opportunity to wow them.

showcase 66

WOW

I got a call back from them asking if I could meet with them to go over everything. I would so much rather talk to them face to face and explain things to them with samples of other work. This way, they can see what I am actually talking about.

They will be here in about 30 mins or so. Maybe I can manage something out of this.

I asked what the idea was about the heart and question mark thing. The lady said it was something someone drew up and they liked the idea.

We will see I guess.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Definitely not Bob-Approved.

What are designers coming to these days??

showcase 66

I question the timing !
They are gonna show up at beerthirty ?
They better be hot !

Not here... Still have about an hour for that time. But hey its 5 somewhere right?

They have come and gone. 5 women showed up all in their own cars. (Guess they have never heard of carpooling) All high end vehicles too.

Cha Ching haha

I was expecting them to want to hover over my computer to watch me design something but they actually didnt.

I think what really threw them off was that I didnt ask them anything about the design at first.

First showed them some shirts that have been done. Screened, Pressed, Embroidered, and DTG so they could get an idea of what each looks like. Then asked if they wanted polos, tees, or both.

They had not thought that part out yet. I asked about quantities. They were not sure.

After about 15 mins, I think there heads were spinning. The one lady said that all she thought they needed to do was say they needed shirts. Never thought what types.

Of course these women all had branded clothing on and for sure would think of it if it was regular clothing.

25 mins after arriving, they left I have a deposit for art. (talked them out of the heart thing with a question mark) Not sure what it was but they have decided they wanted basic text with a heart incorporated into it.

Told them I would give them breakdowns of tees and polos at 4, 6, 7, and 8 dozen.

I did find out one of the women's husband is getting ready to open another taco stand and she was on the phone with him while here. He sounded interested in talking for his project too.

Bad artwork to possibly more jobs. Works for me.

Glad I didn't blow them off.