• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love my SP-300v

MrkGxd

I've had it a few months now purchased it second hand with the heads freshly replaced and general maintenance done. Outside of the learning curve and the headache of understanding ICC Profiles its been a great machine and has done all I've expected of it. Guessing this is more like an appreciation thread, I see tons about these machines when they aren't performing correctly.

All in all love my SP-300v I'm actually in the market for a 540i

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I've had it a few months now purchased it second hand with the heads freshly replaced and general maintenance done. Outside of the learning curve and the headache of understanding ICC Profiles its been a great machine and has done all I've expected of it. Guessing this is more like an appreciation thread, I see tons about these machines when they aren't performing correctly.

All in all love my SP-300v I'm actually in the market for a 540i

Try to find VP300(i), VP540(i). SP series is a bit too slow for production. Next step up, VS300 VS540. Great printers.

Jim Hill

I also love my SP-300V and it works great most of the time.
For the type of work I do this was a great investment for me.

Jim

TechnoLett

Bought my SP300 in 2004, and so here we are in 2019 and still going strong, i converted it to an SP300V, changed heads twice in 15 years since! These first versions of SP series were well built work horses, not so sure about the more recent versions tho!

Jim Hill

TechnoLett:

My SP300 was new also 2004

I purchased from the original owner in 2010 along with the Roland box along with all the manuals and other paperwork.
I converted mine to an SP-300V around 2014 and along the way I installed two new heads along with many other parts.

The printer is a true work horse and for the cost of my original investment of $5,250.00 it as performed well over the past nine years. Now it works perfectly with VersaWorks on Windows 10 software and when it's time to sell it makes it a much easier sale to someone.

A Roland Tech told me it was one of the best printer they ever made.

Jim

Last edited:

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Another 15 year old SP300. Replaced 1 head and 1 pump! !5 years and this printer has paid for itself many times over.

My wife thought that I was crazy for buying it, now we couldn't be in business without it!

strypguy

I don't have a high production shop so my SP300V and SP540V do the job well. They are workhorses and I can do all the maintenance as well as changing heads, cables, etc so it saves my small business a lot of money. John

phototec

I don't have a high production shop so my SP300V and SP540V do the job well. They are workhorses and I can do all the maintenance as well as changing heads, cables, etc so it saves my small business a lot of money. John
How often do you have to replace the heads?

My 2008 SP540V worked great and then in March of 2017 the blue head went out (spraying a blue mist on the edges of text) and the local tech wanted $1200 to replace it, so I decided to replace the head myself and purchased one from SolventInkJet.com for $735. I have the top-secret Roland Service manual and watched a YouTube video on how to change the head, I am very meticulous and did a perfect job replacing the head and then the follow-up alignment procedure. The printer was printing like new but now a little over two years and the black print head is doing the same thing. I do weekly maintainest cleaning and have NOT had any kind of head strike. I am just wondering if they sold me a sub-standard head because the first head from Roland lasted 9 years and this replacement head only lasted 2 years.

strypguy

Phototec, I've replaced heads in as little as a year and as long as 5 years. I don't know why they go out specifically other than head strikes. John