• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Love When This Happens...as long as its never happens again!

KARYN BUSH

So I've been really busy since like May...out straight. I recently got an email from my client asking for a quote on a new sign..not big...2.5ft x 3.5ft..for their hours that they hang out front. The sign we just got from you in July was perfect, the email said.
Apparently I did that $250 sign in July...and I never billed them for it. I vaguely remember it...that scares me.:ROFLMAO:

So of course I had to be somewhat professional when I spoke to the guy who was ordering an updated sign...Oh I show that still outstanding...perhaps accounting never got the invoice....ya know since I never invoiced ya til today.....lol.
Wow...as much as I like getting $250 I had forgot about...I'm hoping I don't do this often!

Suz

Wow...as much as I like getting $250 I had forgot about...I'm hoping I don't do this often!

That's funny! Yes, something you don't want to make a habit of!

Recently, I found a $12.00 royalty check I'd hidden away, just 2 days before it expired! Also, a "gift" check in the amount of $50.00 I didn't cash either, same place. So, I deposited both checks in bank, only to find out that the $50.00 check had insufficient due to closed account. I was charged a $12.00 fee. So, it was all a wash! :( There, I learned my lesson and will never ever do that again! What could have been a total of $62.00 had I not forgotten about my little stashed checks turned into 0.00!!!

Now, where did I put my glasses? Haha!

Jillbeans

I did that once many years ago when I was real busy.
(found a $100 check from July in my truck in September)
Knowing you, and how well known and loved you are in your town, I'm sure the people just smiled and thought "That Krazy Karyn!"
Love....Jill

KARYN BUSH

oh yeah they know they owe for the sign...they just think the invoice never got to accounting back in July....ummm which it didn't, til the other day...lol.
I know when I'm really busy that sometimes I'll let something go and think...of course I'll remember to invoice for that....I guess I forgot that one.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Did this many times, then we started making it policy that we don't start a job until it's invoiced. That way, it's at least in our accounting software.

At first, I told customers there was no way to start a job without pricing it (this avoided doing a bunch of free artwork) even though we just did it that way for our own sake. But with our system now, and 5 employees later the system we use actually works that way. I have no way to get the guys started on a job unless the customer has been billed for something!