• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love when this stuff happens

gabagoo

I had a customers brand new gmc Express last week and it was booked in for the Thursday and to be finished at the end of the day. Nothing hard and I have done a dozen or so over the years.

They drop the vehicle off a day early, but I said it was booked for the following day so it wont be ready until the end of the day that it was booked in for.

I decided to use this 3M vinyl that I bought a full roll of...the 770 I think with the plastic backing paper. In any case towards the end of the day as I was working on the vehicle, this girl from there office calls and starts putting the screws to me insisting that the truck needs to be done by 4 pm. I hadn't even started weeding anything so I rushed it and because I used that vinyl the weeding was ever so easy especially for the small intricate stuff.

I rushed to get it on the side panels but started to get flustered as the premask was having trouble lifting the vinyl off the plastic backing paper.

I cursed a lot and and kept pushing the piece back down and squeeging it and still having issues getting it off. Finally get it all off and because I had not a lot of time, I sort of squeegeed it somewhat differently than I normally did and upon removing the mask was horrified to see so many small bubbles in just about every letter.

Normally I would have ripped it all off and started again but due to pressure I had no time and figured I would soon learn if it was true that the heat of the sun over a few weeks would slowly remove the bubbles.

get a call from this woman telling me that she now would pick up the truck first thing in the morning as she wanted to leave early....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now for sure I wasn't going to repair anything.

Finsished up the truck, parked it outside and went home.

get a call today that there is a problem with the truck.......

seems the dealership sold them the wrong model...hehehehe and I get to re letter their new truck coming in tomorrow. I going to get me some high tack pre mask and try that vinyl again and see how it goes.

sometimes things just sort of work out eh?

gabagoo

Hehehe....I dunno what's funnier - the fact that they didn't notice the model was wrong or that your bubbles will never be discovered?

On top of using high-tack mask you could also try lowering the weight....that electrocut liner is brutal when it gets cut too deep.

I have found lately that savanahs and xpress's that the back panel is curved top to bottom, (probably always has been, but only seemed to notice issues installing lately) so squeeging side to side can present a problem, especially if you hing it in the middle. I now work top to bottom and it goes down much better.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
My design computer at home gets shut down regularly, my other 2 computers at home stay on almost 24/7 but go into power saving mode when inactive.

At work ... the computer stays on all the time ... only time I turn it off is for the weekend ... otherwise I would prefer the system do it's updates at night when no one is here, not at 8am when I have a customer waiting at the door.

Tim Aucoin

My design computer at home gets shut down regularly, my other 2 computers at home stay on almost 24/7 but go into power saving mode when inactive.

At work ... the computer stays on all the time ... only time I turn it off is for the weekend ... otherwise I would prefer the system do it's updates at night when no one is here, not at 8am when I have a customer waiting at the door.

:Oops:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that truck now considered used, since it's been driven, lettered and returned.... all in one day ??

Think of the discounts available on it................ :rolleyes:

visual800

Is that truck now considered used, since it's been driven, lettered and returned.... all in one day ??

Dammit Gino NO! Its called Certified Pre Owned!!!!!! cause nothing certifies pre owned as it acrtually was pre owned...IDIOTS!

gabagoo

It would be a great deal considering it was sent out for racking as well...and the dealership is getting there guys to remove the lettering, so it will be scratched too!!! It also has one of those gizmos on the side for carrying large sheets of glass.