• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a mimaki jv3 tech ******

tooserious

Does anyone know of a Mimaki JV3 Technician...there are none close anymore ...no one works on the old stuff????:banghead:

heyskull

Why don't you tell us what is up and maybe we could guide you on repairing it yourself?
This will save $$$$ on a tech.
Also this site is crammed full of info and fixes for the JV3

SC

Bretbyron

The guy that Grimco sent to install our JV33 said he fixes the JV3 regularly. He also said he sales them fairly cheap. I think his name was Dan, part of some installers network. I can look his number up if you need. He comes up to his friends shop in Modesto from L.A. frequently and said I could take our JV3 160SP there to have him work on it. He might fly there or you can ship it.

Other than that there is some lady around Sacramento that Advantage or Product Sign told me about and I couldn't find, or the techs straight from Mimaki.

Also, the guy I bought our JV3 from gave me a disk with all the tech manuals for head change and stuff if you need it

tooserious

I have had to repair it in the past to ship it is too expensive.......

It prints but I think I have a bad slider or main board...it has to be electrical I can do all test prints just fine...no drop of of ink until it is gone
Here are some pictures of what it is doing

Attachments

• fadedprint2015.jpg
    fadedprint2015.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 88
  • testpatternfeb2015.jpg
    testpatternfeb2015.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 74

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Clean the encoder strip behind the head carriage and all the way along with iso alcohol very gently and make sure the strip is in the correct position in /out of the holders, what I see is stepping in the print most likely from dirty encoder strip.
Tekkie1
:smile:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I avoid the JV3s as a tech because they are generally in such bad shape that fixing them usually unveils a problem that wasn't apparent before or something else breaks naturally 2 weeks later and the customer always blames the last tech to work on it even if the new problem has nothing to do with the old one.

Actual example: Customer buys a JV3-250 at auction against our recommendation. We refurbish it for around $6,000. 1 year later we get a call about one of the channels dropping out completely (read not one whole head just one channel). We figure out that one of the transistor is bad on the main board. Not surprising that a 12 year old transistor blew but the customer thinks that he spent so much money on the refurbish that we should pay for the repair under warranty. This problem had nothing to do with the original problems we fixed. This type of problem happens on JV3s all the time and it's not worth the risk to your reputation and wallet as a tech.

I will work on one as a favor to a long time customer or friend but the machine has to be meticulously taken care of and in good shape to begin with or else I give no guarantees.

tooserious

Thanks?????????????

I appreciate your help! I have bought parts from you I believe and the machine has been great and I take good care of it......the tech I had talked on the phone
sighed all the time and thought working on my machine was beneath him. Said I needed a new one...then said I needed a new mainboard and he just happened to have one for 3000.00...I sent it to MacMedia and they sent it back cost 200.00 plus freight

tooserious

Test Print works fine

After a while all channels drop off and it goes white...I have had bad pumps etc but then the test print shows 1 channel red dropping off

tooserious

Ink flow on all channels???

I did the disway wash and cleaned it out real good all pumps are pumping and it is flowing well

Robert M

Cap tops

Check to make sure your cap tops are sealing to the heads. Take the individual tubes off each cap top and draw on them with a syringe. If you get a mix of air and ink coming down the tube, the capping station may be bad

artbot

if it is losing data all at once, the next step, if encoder tests and reader replacement (super cheap) don't help, is to pull the slider and main board and send them to macmedia. if one of them is bad, the repair will not be that costly. having a tech arrive at your door will cost more than the machine is worth.

tooserious

WELL MAYBE new encoder and so far so good

A little steppy but not bad I get the new encoder eye tomorrow and dampers.............God hates the Packers Loves the Seahawks and Loves Mimaki
for now