• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

i NEED A ROLAND DRIVER VERY BAD!!! PLZ HELP

illustrationsp

i just buy a sp-300 printer cutter and i did not get a cd or driver whit-it i got it from a secondhand seller it whose a nice deal so i goth it but now i fond that there is no driver i contact the seller but he don't want to help me the printer did a« nice print test so i don't think there is a problem whit it but now i need i driver so the question is...

do i have to by a driver?

is ether free compatible driver?

plz help me out

Most large-format printers are not driven via a driver, but instead from an application called a software RIP. Roland solvent printers have historically shipped with RIPs (ColoRIP and more recently Versaworks).

illustrationsp

Is there a way i can download Versawork
i try the Roland site but there is no buy or download

so yes i m looking for a rip i gess

illustrationsp

it is expensive for a rip..... will i be able to print and cut like i would with versaworks???

thank you for the answer by the way

Flame

it is expensive for a rip..... will i be able to print and cut like i would with versaworks???

thank you for the answer by the way

Either program will handle both print and cut. And yes, a RIP is quite expensive. There are many options, do a bit of research on them all, but starting with finding a dealer who has Versaworks as that'd probably be the most affordable option.

Sign Works

You first need to determine if you have a SP-300 or an SP-300V. These printers are USB connectivity and need a USB driver installed first, download USB driver from Roland's web site (support section).

http://support.rolanddga.com/_layou...Wide+Format+VersaCAMM+Inkjets&pm=SP-300V/540V

If it's an SP-300V you will need Versaworks or Flexi Pro or other RIP program to run the printer. Flexi has to be at least version 8

If it's the previous model, the SP-300 you will need Roland's ColorChoice RIP (I believe that's the correct name) or Flexi Pro or other RIP program to run the printer.

FrankW

I would ask roland for a Versaworks-Download or CD. Versaworks is free, easy to use, not as functional as Flexi but not bad. I'm shure you will get something when asking for at rolandddg.com or rolanddga.com.

Sign Works

FlexiSign is an option?
or is it a most to use roland rip?

Flexi-Sign Pro will run Roland printers just cant be an older version, probably needs to be version 8.5 or 10. You could probably buy Versaworks quite a bit cheaper, call Roland and ask.

In 2006 I upgraded my Flexi Pro to run my new SP-300V and have not used it yet, Versaworks works great for me.

phototec

Go to the Roland website and transfer the ownership of the printer to YOU, using the serial number. Once you get your printer registered to you, you should then be able to get a FREE copy of Versaworks from Roland.

Just take your time, and do all your homework, and things should work out for you.

Contact Roland Customer Support and explain your situation.

BTW: I searched Goggle and found this link, it appears to have Versaworks available for download.

http://www.rolanddg.com/download.html

:thumb:

kanini

I would ask roland for a Versaworks-Download or CD. Versaworks is free, easy to use, not as functional as Flexi but not bad. I'm shure you will get something when asking for at rolandddg.com or rolanddga.com.

According to the Roland site(s) VW is free when you buy a printer (or included in the price), but that is when you buy a NEW printer. You get only one copy per printer, so the TS should have asked the seller about it when he bought the machine.
VW itself is not a free program.

illustrationsp

Go to the Roland website and transfer the ownership of the printer to YOU, using the serial number. Once you get your printer registered to you, you should then be able to get a FREE copy of Versaworks from Roland.

Just take your time, and do all your homework, and things should work out for you.

Contact Roland Customer Support and explain your situation.

BTW: I searched Goggle and found this link, it appears to have Versaworks available for download.

http://www.rolanddg.com/download.html

:thumb:
thank you for the help i will do my homework and call Roland tomorrow to see if i can transfer the printer to my name

the link you provide is seems to be profile for the vw