Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need an engineer for a pole sign

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by SignPros, Oct 31, 2013.

1. SignPros

SignPros Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Owensboro, KY
    One of my customers is wanting to build a 7'x10' double-sided lightbox and set it on a 30' post in front of his building. We're already doing channel letters and boxes and such, and will have no problem building the sign itself. But all of our previous jobs have been building-mounted, or replacing an existing sig on top of a post. None of our local engineers (I've called several) can do the wind-load engineering for a sign to give me the blueprint for the footer dimensions and post specs and stuff and actually sign off on it. We're totally capable of doing all the construction and everything, we just need a blueprint. Anybody out there? We're in Kentucky, if that makes any difference as far as building codes.

Tags:
  2. John in Cali

John in Cali Member

Jan 31, 2011
    usa
    Try these guys. I think they are members here. I have used them many times in the past.

http://yjinc.com

3. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
  4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    As mentioned, YJ, most of my clients use them, they are also licensed to engineer a sign in your state.

5. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    murdoch

6. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    murdoch

7. usasignbuilder

usasignbuilder New Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Murdoch Engineering

We started using Murdoch back in 2010, met them at the USSC sign show in Atlantic City... I would highly recommend them, turn around has been great and their rates are good also. They have this free wind load program that designs sign footings and pylon steel, we picked up a copy at the sign show and now use it almost every day for estimates. The owner of the company (Jeremy I believe) did an online tutorial for us and walked us through how to use it... That program alone was worth switching to Murdoch in my opinion. Website is http://www.murdochengineering.com , it looks they are updating the site but contact info is there