• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need drivers

I have a vinyl express panther 24" made by gcc (jaguar ii). My lxi software will not run with the service pack 3 so i purchased a new flexi starter program. Problem is it appears that i need a driver for the cutter in order for the machine to work. Does anyone have a driver? Gcc's website has drivers for downloading, but...you have to sign up for gcc club, which i did, but... In order for me to be able to download drivers i have to register my machine, which i did, but...since the machine was purchased through signwarehouse they will not let me download drivers. Signwarehouse does not support these machines since they discontinued selling them...help!!!

chopper

I believe those were a re-branded graph-tech plotter I would try the drivers for the graph-tech, or go to flexi's web site and look for the driver there
//chopper

BlueSix

I too am looking to get some drivers for my Jaguar II. I had the same problems with the GCC website (serial # was accepted but it said the 'category' was wrong).

I'm trying to get things going with my new laptop which does not have a parallel port (trying to ditch my ancient IBM P3 laptop). I purchased a USB>Parallel cable but beyond that I'm stuck. I think I need to add the plotter as a printer in order for production manager to be able to send jobs to it. For this, I need a driver for Windows 7 64. I see the driver listed on the GCC website (I haven't seen any 64 bit drivers on SignWarehouse.com) but it's behind the registration wall.

Has anyone gotten a plotter to work via USB > Parallel and more specifically on a 64 bit OS? I've been trying to get this to work for days!

showcase 66

Has anyone gotten a plotter to work via USB > Parallel and more specifically on a 64 bit OS? I've been trying to get this to work for days!

I had a lot of problems with a usb to parallel. Seemed like every time I would disconnect the laptop I would spend 15 mins getting it back working.

When I get back in the shop I will see what I have for the drivers.

BlueSix

I had a lot of problems with a usb to parallel. Seemed like every time I would disconnect the laptop I would spend 15 mins getting it back working.

When I get back in the shop I will see what I have for the drivers.

Thanks - Since the time of my last post I've also purchased a USB-Serial converter but I can't get that to work with the plotter (it may not be the converter's fault as I never did use a serial connection before and I cannot get it to work on my old laptop which does have a serial port). Do I need a 'null-modem' serial cable?

The plotter works great on my old laptop via parallel, but not serial. Both parallel and serial (via USB adapter) don't work on my new laptop :frustrated:.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

showcase 66

Thanks - Since the time of my last post I've also purchased a USB-Serial converter but I can't get that to work with the plotter (it may not be the converter's fault as I never did use a serial connection before and I cannot get it to work on my old laptop which does have a serial port). Do I need a 'null-modem' serial cable?

The plotter works great on my old laptop via parallel, but not serial. Both parallel and serial (via USB adapter) don't work on my new laptop :frustrated:.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

One thing I remember was that you need to find the exact usb slot you are connected to and use this as your port. You will have to always use the same usb slot on the laptop as well.