• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help! Pulling my hair out!

ExposeJustin

Anyone have any success with print plots on Graphtec plotters using reflective?

Im having trouble with X and Y errors when trying to cut this reflective that we printed on. Its a nightmare and I cant get anyone at Graphtec to help. I get errors about "Sense Level Not Enough" so when I adjust that, I get errors about the "-Y or +Y area not being the correct length".

Its driving me insane.

Someone help me! :frustrated: :help

Tim Aucoin

I've heard that plotting/cutting black "dots" (obviously the proper size) and applying them to your sensor points works when cutting reflective on any cutter. I haven't tried it, as I don't do too much reflective, but might be worth attempting.

For a moment when I first read your thread topic, I thought you wanted help pulling your hair out... that I can help with!! :ROFLMAO:

ExposeJustin

I was able to wade my way through the job - I actually used transfer tape, "re-drew" the cutter marks with a sharpie, and prayed real hard and it worked.

Not sure which part fixed the problem, but when cutting reflective now, I do all three.

:rock-n-roll:

TDFcustomSL

I have put scotch tape over the marks and it works SOMETIMES. one trick is to use 1 piece of scotch tape at an angle across the entire mark (if using 1 inch marks) otherwise it tends to "read" the edge of the tape instead of the actual mark. For when scotch tape doesn't work, I put a square of Transfer Tape over the mark and re draw it with a felt tip pen. Then of course there have also been times where I needed to do nothing and it read the marks just fine. USING THE SAME MATERIAL!

omgsideburns

Besides the methods listed here I've done these two with varying degrees of success.

- I'll let it print the first pass of the marks, pause the print and stick a piece of white vinyl or tape over the spots it's printing them, and then let it continue. Just don't forget to do the same for the end marks.

- Scuffing the vinyl so it doesn't reflect as much. I just use a little wire brush, some fine grit, or whatever you've got laying around.