• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with a Business Name

sign_student

Hi Folks,

I guess a sign forum is an odd place to post this but after reading tons of guides and loosing sleep over this and debating about it I convinced myself it was brilliant. I know their are a lot creative, business savy and helpful people on here so I thought I could at least get pushed in the right direction.

I want to start a mobile interior auto detailing business... I have most things worked out except for a name.

Some of the Golden rules I have read are that the name must be DESCRIPTIVE yet SHORT... I am Stumped.... I don´t see how I can describe the business in the name without including MOBILE, INTERIOR, AUTO and DETAILING in addition the NAME part.... And that´s not going to be very short is it?

What do you all think is the way to approach this? Just go with the ¨Joes Mobile Interior Auto Detailing'' or....? I thought of things Like NOMAD and PEREGRINE to replace MOBILE... Like - NOMAD Inner Auto Care... Shorter... But TERRIBLE... Please Help!

Anyways.... I'm curious to see if anyone bites.

Have yourselves a good one!

- Patrick

mikefine

Seems to me the interior is more cleaning than detailing. So I don't know if detailing is really the correct term. But I don't know your business.
How about? Car Maids... We Clean Inside Your Ride

Craig Sjoquist

Go get a phone # with Auto last 4 digits or dtail or mobil or some other word in phone # and use as website also, you can use AUTO as the main word several websites and names discribing your new business

mark galoob

i think you should find some high ranking categories in google that apply to your business, and put them in the name somehow...then when its time to put up your website, the name of your business has seo power...

mark galoob

sign_student

Wow

Thanks you guys!! What great ideas and suggestions. Im sorry it took so long to get back to you all.

Central signs - That was hilarious! Now, where have I seen that before? LOL

John L - I haven't given up on signs. It's my full time job and will probably be for a looooong time. This is just a part time idea that I am starting (low start up cost) mostly with the aim of getting familiar with the ins and out of running a small business - Maybe I should get a cutter and some sticker stuff and take the industry by storm... (or not....) I actually think that MO-BLING is brilliant and for a younger market it would actually be very successful but around where I live you will find mostly older retired folks and I can't see that name working out.

Dave and Signmaniac - I like those idea if I were to branch out to exterior detailing as well but I don't feel comfortable with that now

Mark and Craig, those are some very good ideas that I hadn't even considered yet... Thanks!

Mikefine and Bob... THATS THE TICKET!!! But something bothered me about the Maid... Just seemed too girly so I thought of MR AUTO MAID (and MAID standing for MobileAutoInteriorDetailing is just perfect.

So, I think that's it! MR AUTO MAID ... I got a few weeks before I make my final decision so I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again guys... I knew you would come through!! :signs101:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikefine

Thanks for the reply. It was nice to hear your thought and reactions.

If you don't like maid, how about butler? I can see it being fun
dressing up as Alfred or something like that...Or go to chamber events, dressed like that. Great marketing. Hand your invoice to the client on a silver plate.

John L

Elderly Elegance Interiors

Tidied Town Cars ...don't worry, we'll get the turn signal too.

Lincolns, Caddys, LeSabres, oh my!

I'm at a loss But best of luck to you.

phototec

Maid is a female employed in domestic service?

Although the Auto Maid (Mobile Auto Interior Detailing), is clever, I don't like the word maid used is association with Auto Detailing, it's just to feminine to me and I don't think used in the auto detailing industry.

And MR AUTO MAID, sounds even worse to me, kinda of like "Mr Mom", when the husband stays home to watch the kids and do light house work, it's just not a REAL MOM, more of a synonym mom, with that in mind, I think MR AUTO MAID sounds like a house maid (see definition below).

Often it's a good idea to look at the existing competition, you know, see what works, what others in the same business are doing.

I'm sure you will have a trailer for your Mobile Auto Detailing business, even if you don't have it full of cleaning supplies and water tanks, it makes a dam good rolling billboard for your new business, and the best payback for your advertising $'s.

I have attached a few images of some good looking mobile auto detail trailers, maybe you can get some ideas for you name & logo.

Good luck in your new business venture!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

A maidservant or in current usage housemaid or maid is a female employed in domestic service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maid

Attachments

• trailer-partial-wrap-graphics-eac.jpg
    trailer-partial-wrap-graphics-eac.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 53
  • trailer-partial-wrap-graphics-jc.jpg
    trailer-partial-wrap-graphics-jc.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 59
  • trailer-spot-graphics-bw-sd-ca.jpg
    trailer-spot-graphics-bw-sd-ca.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 64
  • trailer-spot-graphics-rbio-sd-ca.jpg