• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need Help with a template

race5125

I just had a customer show me a very unique truck he wants lettered and I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction on where to obtain a template or help on creating one for this truck. The truck is a 1969 Ford 750 with an enclosed box on it. I took some pictures so you can see what it looks like.:help
Thank you!

Attachments

• cny towing 004.jpg
    cny towing 004.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 92
  • cny towing 003.jpg
    cny towing 003.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 64
  • cny towing 006.jpg
    cny towing 006.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 83
  • cny towing 001.jpg
    cny towing 001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 67
  • cny towing 005.jpg
    cny towing 005.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 75
  • cny towing 002.jpg
    cny towing 002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 89

Sign_Boy

If you can't find a template take a bunch of straight on pics grab some measurements and scale it up.
I've done it before and found it works well.

That's a neat looking truck

artsnletters

are ya going to wrap it or LETTER it? You already have pics, now just make some measurements....i seriously doubt you'll find a template too and if you did it'd be for the cab only. Letter it up!:thumb:
Tim

race5125

I will be lettering it. I figured I wouldn't find anything but thought I would give it a shot. As for creating a template I just don't have alot of time.
Thank you for all the suggestions

Ken1f

Tape a yard stick to it, shoot another picture square on. Import picture into your drawing program. Measure the size of the yard stick, rescale to make the yard stick 36".

heyskull

We bought a little camera to replace one that got stolen just for scaling customers vehicles.
I didn't want to buy anything as expensive as our previous camera as it was upsetting loosing £1,000 worth of camera.
Now cameras have come down in price and the resolution has shot up and it makes some of these small ones with over 12MP seem almost throw away priced.
But be aware some of them like ours have a very small lense and although the pictures are crystal clear they temd to be very distorted and when looking closely the image is almost as if a fish eye filter has been used such as this :- http://www.uteroemer.de/Fish eye lens2.JPG

We have had no luck in scaling up some photos as straight lines are curved and the image is squashed.
I presume the bigger the lense the better and less distorted the image is!

SC