• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with banding issue with jv33-160...

Signsnwraps

Signs N Wraps .com
Hello, I have a new JV33-160 with ES3 inks(4months old) and I'm having some banding or inks drop out issues. The problem is very noticeable in all solid colors and are about an inch wide. I have 2 sign programs and it does the same in both (Rasterlink Pro5sg and Vinylmaster XPT). The tech said it was profile issue so I added 12 new profiles from him.....NO LUCK... Then he said it was pinch roller....Changed all....NO LUCK.... Maybe someone here has some ideas?? Rasterlink.jpg vinylmaster 3751 profile.jpg vinylmaster with the 720x1440 profile.jpg it also does it with different vinyls....Orajet 3751 RA shown....it also looks worse with heater on higher temps and I am running it uni-direction and fast print off in rasterlink.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i hate to say it, but, was it doing it before with mimaki inks? i know personally somebody who tried this with the same inks and same printer. it was a disaster. they switched back...

4R Graphics

What are your heat settings?

I have had issues like this myself from time to time (mostly when trying out new materials).

You get little spots where the pinch rollers are I have found that usually a heat adjustment will fix the problem.

I dont know what heat settings you have but try 35 pre 35 print and 50 post. Those are my standard start at settings on my JV33.

You can usually leave the post alone you just need to adjust the pre and print heats.

Hope that helps you out.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'll also point out that the ES3 inks are very unpopular and most users who have tried them on here post that they eventually switched to SS21 due to poor color, lack of decent profiles, and other issues. That being said, they still offer ES3 so a lot of people must be using them without any problems. 4R is on the right track - he also has a lot of experience with the JV33. We also pretty much always have post at 50, pre and print vary from about 35 to 45 depending on the media. Trying different pre and print temps will likely solve the issue with the roller tracks.

I'd also suggest running bi-direction, fast at a 540x1080 resolution, 12 pass and see how it does. One last important thing - have you run a dot position correction? If not it probably needs it quite badly. That and also adjusting the feed compensation while it is printing. Once you get the feed comp dialed in you should not have to mess with that often unless you are printing something unusually thick. Dot position correct, we do that about once a month.

polishskaterguy

I am having similar issues - slow speed and more passes are all that will help me

Hello, I have a new JV33-160 with ES3 inks(4months old) and I'm having some banding or inks drop out issues. The problem is very noticeable in all solid colors and are about an inch wide. I have 2 sign programs and it does the same in both (Rasterlink Pro5sg and Vinylmaster XPT). The tech said it was profile issue so I added 12 new profiles from him.....NO LUCK... Then he said it was pinch roller....Changed all....NO LUCK.... Maybe someone here has some ideas?? View attachment 93777 View attachment 93778 View attachment 93779 it also does it with different vinyls....Orajet 3751 RA shown....it also looks worse with heater on higher temps and I am running it uni-direction and fast print off in rasterlink.

I believe that I am having very similar issues as you are. I would be very interested to speak to you more directly about this (though i am new to this site and do not know is there is a way to private message other users). My dealer is also blaming my "banding"/"ink dropout" issues on my profiles, and I have gone to great lengths to create my own profiles with multiple different settings, and to use the stock profiles with multiple configurations. I also have a JV33-160 that is less than 4 months old. Mimaki's own tech looked over my machine and said there is nothing wrong with it, though I am not buying it because this is after the DEALER switched inks from ES3 to SS21, swapped out a perfectly good head for another perfectly good head, realigned the machine, tried both Onyx production house and Rasterlink, and replaced the slider board, and none of these things improved my situation. Seems strange for a dealer to put well over $6,000 into a machine that is now "working properly" only because NO ONE knows what to do about it. The only thing that seems to help is running with more passes and at the "normal" speed setting (the slower speed setting).

In the attachments I uploaded you will see the lines running through my prints. These lines seem to change based upon resolution, number of passes, and speed. They are not tied to any other factors such as: The rip software, ink type, heat, or substrate.

Attachments

• JV33-160 Print Issues 1.jpg
    JV33-160 Print Issues 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 116
  • JV33-160 Print Issues 2.jpg
    JV33-160 Print Issues 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 125