• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with file

brush1

I got customer file pdf format.
It doesn't rip correctly in Versaworks.
Can someone check this file for for me. I try to discover if this is a Versawork issue or file issue.
Design on Mac printed with PC.
You see PDF correct but is loosing color and some details when ripped.
I ripped on 2 Versaworks in two computers. The same problem.
It is a big file I can send it via Yousendit.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

brush1

This design has a blue background. You can see it when you open pdf but it is missing when I ripped.

brush1

Thank you so much.
We did how you explained and it's printing the way how it should be.
I still don't understand ....you see it correct in pdf and is missing elements when ripped.
It never happened to me before.

Replicator

I just had him open the file with the offending layers in Photoshop and export the entire image cropped correctly as a JPG and print it from that.

There were unresponsive bitmap layers mixed with vectors and the bitmaps were hanging way outside the design dimensions, this all proved to be the fatal error . . .

brush1

In Marc words........

"The (2) background bitmaps are extending way beyond the image size, so you probably want to bring the entire thing into

photoshop and let it rasterize (it will tale a while based on the size.

The crop the entire image correctly to size and save as bitmap (JPG) 150DPI and then print the JPG

should work out just fine . . . "

I was asking if this ripped the same.....
"Yes, same as with you and the file needs to be rendered/flattened into one bitmap to print correctly !!!!!"

I never had problem with PDF like this before.....and customer told me....they never had the same problem with another vendor.....and it must be a problem with my computers of softwares. I didn't do design. It was printing only. Design was made by "proffesional designer" for quiet big grocery chain.

Replicator

Design was made by "proffesional designer" for quiet big grocery chain.

If the design was done by a professional designer, they would have been able to render their 50IN wide design,

without having elements spilling out 48INCHS extra over the sides of the artboard/finished dimension area.

Just sayin' !!!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
More & more often recently I have had issues with printing PDFs from customers. I think it's just that they are exporting from so many different programs with files that are not designed correctly for how they are printing.

If it won't print after a RIP or two I always go the rasterize route also.

gabagoo

I sometimes dont trust what I am seeing when they are brought into flexi, so I send them out as tiffs from acrobat, that way there is no way I could print them wrong