• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with head adjustment

stillhasdust

I have an SP-540 and I just got the cyan/black head, both dampers, and the cap tops replaced. Whenever I do the test print the cyan and megenta run onto each other and there is a line dividing the black and yellow. Does anybody know what to tweak to make this straight???

PLEASE CHECK OUT PICS(The first one is a drawing of how it comes out and the other two are actual images)

Thank you in advance
3afa0e63.jpg

7b3b0ea5.jpg
eed394ab.jpg
3945562b.jpg

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

Service mode > Horizontal Alignment

May not be the only alingment needed... Whomover replaced the head did not complete the adjustments.

Dave L.

There is so much to go through to get this manual adjustment right, definitely too much to go through on a forum. If a service tech replaced them, can you get him to come back out and complete the job? A new head doesn't mean much if it's not aligned properly.

stillhasdust

The tech walked me threw the horizontal allignment over the phone and it didnt change anything(I had to set it to like -10, -7.5 -8,-10)..... When the tech left yesterday it was printing the test print fine and the only thing I did was update my versaworks. I started to print and noticed sections being off on my prints so I ran a test print again and this is what I got.