• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with Mimaki JV33... Necesito ayuda con Mimaki JV33...

Servimark

Good afternoon, the reason to write in the forum is that my boss wants to start printing on canvas with Mimaki JV33-160. Could someone explain to me how I have to do and what settings to change? The only machine we used to print vinyl.

A hug.

PS: If anyone who speaks Spanish and you want to send it in private, my email is omartinezfotografo@gmail.com

Tourney Services

Make sure Material is coated for Solvent printers. You might have to pull back on ink coverage if material does not have a backer or platen will get saturated with ink and you will have a huge mess! not to mention head strikes! Trust me I learned the hard way. Best of Luck! Buena Suerte!

Ruben Rivera

TSi Events
www.tsievents.com

bloobird0

just get canvas for solvent printers...most have supplied profiles for it

if only you could be true: for CJV30 and RasterLink RIP, I hardly find any profile from suppliers or manufacturers. Most of them are for CMYK settup almost none in CMYKLcLm settup. After 1,5 year of owning a CJV30, still not found more profiles than those delivered with the machine and RIP. If you have any good source for profiles, please share.

Profiles for Roland printers are easy to find, loads of them but Mimaki CJV30 profiles...

signswi

Making your own profiles is the way to go but your media supplier should have profiles they can get you. CMYKLcLm is definitely more rare though for sure as it's not run by too many shops as it doesn't add gamut, not a great trade-off for losing CMYKx2.

mtygabriel

Hola. Como estas? Yo tengo una JV33 e imprimo en canvas. No hay diferencia alguna. El cabezal lo tengo en posicion "Thin" cerca y un tio me programo un perfil una vez y bueno, yo sigo imprimiendo y vendiendo.

Te paso una liga de aca en Estados Unidos de un proveedor bueno para que por lo menos tengas una idea de la calidad a la que puedes llegar a utilizar en cuanto a Canvas. Claro que puedes comprar imitacion Canvas de 100% polyester o vinilico, etc..

Saludos desde San Antonio, Texas.

http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/143/

Mega Format

Canves on Mimaki

We did not have any luck to print on Mimaki any specialty materials, a good machine for banners and adhesive vinyl.

Mega Format

Last edited by a moderator:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On our JV33, we print on art canvas, a few different fabrics, couple of different types of paper, heat transfer, backlit film, direct to styrene, of course banner stocks and vinyls, as well. All print great on Mimaki's...... You need to get an Eye One and make your own profiles though if you want decent results. This of course required learning a good bit about color management, linearization, ink limits, GCR, and whatnot. But to say a Mimaki is only good for banners and adhesive vinyl is laughable and simply makes you look ignorant of how to use these machines properly.

Sure, you can use it like your home inkjet printer and just take it out of the box, load ink, load the outdated drivers and RIP that come on a CD with it in the box and go. Actually I'm starting to encourage this as the more poor product people put out the faster they will go out of business which will ultimatley result in more business for those who did their homework and know what they are doing. Windows comes with notepad, sure you can use it to write letters and even write a book. Do you? Or do you get something a bit more useful like MS Word? This is similar to canned profiles and free included RIP software. Yeah they can work, but generally not extremley well...