• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with my UVR Printer

sbruno

I have a Color Span 72 UVR Printer. when printing the uv lamps shutoff but the printer keeps printing. i am not sure as to why they turn off or where to start looking. i checked all the conecctions they are all good but it still dose it can anyone please help me

bgraphics

power surge?

We were printing with our JF-1631 flatbed once when the power flickered... the lights turned off, but the printer kept printing as the lights booted back up. Do your lights kick back on?

omgsideburns

On my UVR, a power surge (or drop in power) is the only reason my lights ever kick off without throwing a code. They'll usually restart in a minute or two, but leave a big uncured swath. Anything from windy days causing flickers, to someone kicking the damn plug when they walked by.

Other times they've shut off is over heating, or a head strikes, etc.. but always with an error code.

sbruno

the lights never flickered and it dose not put up any sort of code error. it simply starts the print with the lamps on and then they shut off as it prints.

omgsideburns

Are the mesh filters at the top of the lamp housings full of dust? Clean them, and clean the fan blades too.

It's easier to take them apart and clean them than to try and get them clean while it's all put together.

sbruno

Ok i replaced both uv lamps tested it got the same result, replace th uv lamp housings tested it got the same result, fliped the cables on the uv lamps got the same result, fliped the cables on the uv power supply and got the same result but the lamps wouldnt stop warming. I have tested the entire head to rule out various options i even shut the printer down completely for about an hour to let it reset and still nothing, checked the circut breaker to see if part of it tripped it didnt, opened the pannel up to see if there was a loose wire but none, plus i checked every single connrction from the server to the printer. im starting to think it may the uv power supply unit is dying

VTSigns

Have you tried swapping out your black data cable? You could even try unplugging your data cable and and twisting it 180 degrees and then plugging it back in. I have had UV error messages with mine and by fooling around with my data cable it has fixed the issue. Give it a try.