• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need Mutoh falcon outdoor jr ultra , computer driver

mci

Hi, Im looking for the Falcon outdoor jr ultra computer driver.
I have tired the website and had no luck, im hoping that someone here has this driver, that's willing to send me a copy via email or give me advice in obtaining a copy. The original driver got corrupted and went missing from the computer, any help is welcome!

Thanks in advance :thankyou:

dwt

This sounds like my neighbor (are you my neighbor?).

He has been ripping out of flexi with limited success. Good luck and:Welcome:
Please post what you find, I'm sure you're not the only one.

Last edited:

graceman

Maybe he's just looking for a system device driver e.g. windows printer driver which was available for Falcon 4x00/6x00 series a few years ago. It is still possible to find it and download.
But there is no current Mac or Windows Vista/7 device support for Falcons as far as i know.
RIP and its dedicated driver is the only way to go unless he wants to use Win XP or step back in time with Win 98/95.

mci

well let me start by saying i dont know anything about these plotters the story if im a student at a community college and in my program we fix things from biomedical stuff to printers, and one of our projects is this plotter, we got it and it said broke, fix it...lol. we began by cleaning the nozzles from the dry ink and removing gunk off the rollers and basically giving it a tune up, we later got some paper and did a test print and it works good, but now we need it to print an image to confirm we fixed it and the drying is good with color, and thats where the problem lies the software thats on the computer with the plotter is not working together, i will check on the software but when you open the software and send a default image the computer gives us an error and when we looked at the drivers in device manager it was from a whole different model , the connection we were given was a parallel cable with a usb end to computer, the desktop sees the printer and we get the wizard but i have a feeling thats not how you set up the drivers, so some one please walk me though this.. all help is amazing!!! THANKS!

randya

There are no 'Windows' driver for this printer from Mutoh.
So no USB support through a parallel that I am aware of.
The RIP may install a virtual driver, so you will need to set up the 'port' in RIP.

Normally, these were run either by parallel to parallel or Printer Server like an SEH box to TCP/IP.

mci

So the progress: I found the production manager software to print and that is good and gravy, now i have a new problem with printing. The problem is we cant get the printer to print color ,black ink comes out fine but no color. this is what we know so far, the feed lines are not clogged we cleaned them out and tested them (put fluid though them), we also cleaned out the plastic Ink damper. I believe the feed from the ink cartridges to the head is by pressure on the bag inside of the cartriges that pushes the ink though the lines to the damper and then to the print head. Please correct me if im wrong. the only thing i can think of that's not allowing the ink to get flowing is bad dampers (damaged by cleaning them with forced fluid?)or the head being completely clogged(if possible) or both.

What is the purpose of the dampers and if the dampers got damaged how would they not let ink flow, cleaner fluid flows though them with force but not on their own.

So the problem is color ink not flowing to the paper.

please advise. THANKS!

randya

From the manual:

2. Pressing QUALITY/SPEED will change the output quality and speed. Each time
the key is pressed you will notice the LED indicator showing the current status:
High Quality, Normal and High Speed (Economy). The set-up can only be changed
in idle status. As soon as data is coming in and/or is being processed, pressing the
key will not have any effect. When all 3 lights are on the printer prints BLACK only.

This is probably your issue.
This mode is ONLY available on the Jr. (CAD printing, I am told)

Compilla

Get a syringe with a tube on the end not a needle.
Fit the tube over the tube that goes into the waste, there are two small ones do each one in turn.
Put the heads all the way to right and hold and gently pull back on the syringe to suck ink out of the tube.
This will pull ink through the heads and in the syringe.

Once done try a small print or head test.

gbarker

...we also cleaned out the plastic Ink damper. I believe the feed from the ink cartridges to the head is by pressure on the bag inside of the cartriges that pushes the ink though the lines to the damper and then to the print head. Please correct me if im wrong...

What is the purpose of the dampers and if the dampers got damaged how would they not let ink flow, cleaner fluid flows though them with force but not on their own.

I don't think anyone really answered your questions completely so I will try. Ink feed is by vacuum not pressure. There is a pump connected to the capping station that pulls ink through for cleaning the heads and priming the lines.

The dampers serve a few purposes.
One, there is a very small filter in them which obviously filters the ink. If it gets clogged you aren't going to get any ink flow.

Two, they will serve as the vacuum to suck ink through the lines. There is a very thin flexible side with a metal 'spring'. Look closely at the damper, you will see the side is slightly concave. If not, I'd replace the dampers. Probably something you should do anyway.

Three, They serve as a ink buffer for the heads. Unlike desktop inkjet printers the ink cartridges do not sit directly on top of the heads. The dampers store a little bit of ink for the head to use and refills on it's own as needed.

They should be approximately half full at any given time. If not there is an air leak somewhere. I've never tried it but I don't think cleaning fluid or ink will freely flow through a damper using gravity alone. Assuming you removed the dampers to clean them.

Are you getting any ink at all? Even with a nozzle check?

mci

Found a blown fuse F2? for color head..... will replace and retry, also replaced dampers and got ink to go though to waste with syringe, took color head off and cleaned .. no color print. alos could some one walk me though with calibration of the plotter, as far as head alignment and cal for service. Thanks.