• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some perspective, ASAP!!

Master's Touch

Hey guys!! I'm here to ask a favor, and for those who visit the "other" forum forgive the double post....

Here goes...you know how when you are so close to a project you can no longer "see" it, and ya kinda lose perspective? Well I am definitely there with this one. The Ad below is for a a guy who is not only my customer, but also a dear friend, and I'm not so much worried about the looks of the thing, but rather TONE. I am trying to graphically match a radio script that is going to be airing soon, and the word balloons were the only way I could really do that visually. I also wanted his ad to actually get SEEN in the forest of political ad season, but here is the question: DOES THIS AD SEEM TO MAKE LIGHT OF THIS MAN'S INTENTIONS FOR OFFICE?

I am eager to hear your responses...

THANKS!!

Attachments

• master.jpg
    master.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

signgal

I don't think it makes light of it... I would add a little more variety on the bubbles, they're all the same and blend together for me. It's different from any add I've seen and I think that's a plus.

Did you design his campaign "logo" down there?

G-Artist

Test to see how it would look where each person "speaking" has a different typeface
(along with the suggested change in the balloon).

Some a bit masculine, some a bit feminine.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Test to see how it would look where each person "speaking" has a different typeface
Some a bit masculine, some a bit feminine.

I agree. And how would it look if the point of the bubble were pointed out, rather than in to the center (that would give more of the illusion of people outside the "frame" rather some point in the center of the frame.)

Bash the logo? I can't. I like it. I like the abstract star, nice hidden meaning.

Master's Touch

well I wished they hadn't moved me because I was really looking for a reaction to the CONCEPT rather than the LAYOUT....

but oh well.....

Sorry, post-police!

signgal

Well, I rarely bash and don't consider myself expert enough to give solid advice but I know what I like and can give an opinion.

"Anders" and "Judge" stand out, which is ideal but it's just very jumbled for me and there's no flow. I think it needs more negative space within the design rather than around it.

BTW I don't think moving it will affect anything :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
well I wished they hadn't moved me because I was really looking for a reaction to the CONCEPT rather than the LAYOUT....

but oh well.....

Sorry, post-police!

I don't know if Bradster moved your post or not Barry. The main thing he did was to properly upload your image to the thread instead of leaving it as an offsite image. If you would like it moved to a different forum, let me know and I will move it for you.

GB2

Old Member
It sure looks unique for a political ad, which is good, but I think it has just a little too much comic strip/pop art look. The previous comments are good too. It's not that it isn't serious enough or that it makes light of his intentions but people might mistake it for a comic strip or something and miss the message. It also needs a little breathing room, it seems a bit too tight on there. Maybe lose that halftone looking background and put some small silhouette heads on the bottom to reinforce your idea.