• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Need Start Up Software Recomendation

Nash Signs

Hello all, Putting togther a start up package for cutting vinyl and could use some advice on the software side of the start up. The cutter will be a Graphtec CE5000-60 and the software currently included in the package is as follows:

VE-LXI Master plus

Designers Productivity Suite (Sign Power)

i-DesignR

My understanding is that this is entry level software, but is it enough to create and cut vinyl for Truck Door Lettering, Race Car Numbers, Graphics etc..

I read that many use Corel Draw with CoCut, or a version of Flexi just to
name a few. Unfortunately the budget won't cover a high end software at the time. What options are out there?

Thank You!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you'll probably find the LXI Master is an adequate program to handle your needs, so I'd suggest you wait and ty it before investing further. If you find it doesn't cover all your needs then the next program to add would be CorelDRAW for sure and then just bridge over to LXI for the cutting of what you design in Corel.

OldPaint

buy an OLDER copy of corel. 10, 11, 12. would be $25-$75. 9 was one of the best for ADDITIONAL FONTS.
CLIPART is also good.
ARTS & LETTERS EXPRESS, under $100 sometimes. lots of CLIPART.
ART EXPLOSION, for clipart.
and if your really CHEAP.....get a copy of PRINT ARTIST.........$29.00.you can open the program, find a graphic, and it will print it in what they call COLORING BOOK, and then you can scan it into corel draw and make it a vector, with ease.

Nash Signs

I am little surprised to see this many low cost options. I guess I can stay with the LXI and see what limitations I come across. Seems like the next step up would be Corel Draw. What do the higher end packages like Flexi offer that I won't have with the budget level software mentioned above?

Replicator

If you do invest in CorelDRAW you can cut the vinyl directly from the program without additional software or any Bridge setup,

Just send to the cutter as if it were a printer . . .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am little surprised to see this many low cost options. I guess I can stay with the LXI and see what limitations I come across. Seems like the next step up would be Corel Draw. What do the higher end packages like Flexi offer that I won't have with the budget level software mentioned above?

The LXI Master is a private label version of Flexi with intermediate level features. The main thing you'll be giving up is the ability to drive wide format printers.

JKADesigns

Just wanted to say thank you for a good thread... I am looking for start up software recommendations at the moment. Have already acquired Art Explosion, it's in the mail. now looking at some of the other ones listed.

Bill Modzel

Graphtec comes with Cutting Master. An Illustrator, (and maybe), Corel plug in. You don't need another program to cut from or through.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
buy an OLDER copy of corel. 10, 11, 12. would be $25-$75. 9 was one of the best for ADDITIONAL FONTS.
CLIPART is also good.
ARTS & LETTERS EXPRESS, under $100 sometimes. lots of CLIPART.
ART EXPLOSION, for clipart.
and if your really CHEAP.....get a copy of PRINT ARTIST.........$29.00.you can open the program, find a graphic, and it will print it in what they call COLORING BOOK, and then you can scan it into corel draw and make it a vector, with ease.

:ROFLMAO: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: