• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need to start this order ASAP

JMPrinting

Don't wanna turn this down!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 92

Chasez

Not sure what you're asking in this thread? Are you looking for someone to supply the banners for you? Looking for help on pricing?

Chaz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you're asking in this thread? Are you looking for someone to supply the banners for you? Looking for help on pricing?

Chaz

He's probably trying to figure out his shipping costs for the guy. In his excitement, he forgot to ask that. :rolleyes:

TimToad

These folks will try any industry and any angle, usually trying to prop themselves up with some religious context or false identity.

In 2003, I wanted to take a break from signmaking and graphic design and my wife has a background in food service so we opened a B&B and ran it for seven years. Ends up I still did plenty of signs on the side, but its all good.

Point being, we were bombarded by these phishing emails constantly. Our average stay was 2-5 nights and 99% of the time it was couples.

The fake requests were always from some Reverend, Pastor, etc... who would be coming through our area for some religious "event" and he needed the entire place for his group for like 2 weeks, totally out of our normal request. It was always the same MO, send us the price for rooms and we'll send you a cashier's check for over that amount and then send him back the difference for his transportation costs or some other bullshiite.

I usually ignored them or would mess with them for a few emails until the scammers realized I wasn't falling for it.

The sad part was that at a B&B Association meeting once, a colleague who was a little on the naive side, shared with the group that she had been taken by one of these guys for several thousand dollars. She actually did what the scammer requested and her bank nailed her for the bogus check plus overdraft fees, etc.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

CanuckSigns

These folks will try any industry and any angle, usually trying to prop themselves up with some religious context or false identity.

In 2003, I wanted to take a break from signmaking and graphic design and my wife has a background in food service so we opened a B&B and ran it for seven years. Ends up I still did plenty of signs on the side, but its all good.

Point being, we were bombarded by these phishing emails constantly. Our average stay was 2-5 nights and 99% of the time it was couples.

The fake requests were always from some Reverend, Pastor, etc... who would be coming through our area for some religious "event" and he needed the entire place for his group for like 2 weeks, totally out of our normal request. It was always the same MO, send us the price for rooms and we'll send you a cashier's check for over that amount and then send him back the difference for his transportation costs or some other bullshiite.

I usually ignored them or would mess with them for a few emails until the scammers realized I wasn't falling for it.

The sad part was that at a B&B Association meeting once, a colleague who was a little on the naive side, shared with the group that she had been taken by one of these guys for several thousand dollars. She actually did what the scammer requested and her bank nailed her for the bogus check plus overdraft fees, etc.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Yup, a florist in my town got nailed for it, they put together hundreds of bouquets, along with chocolates and all the bells and whistles, in the end they lost almost $12,000 didn't realize it was a scam until the bank told them.

TimToad

I've seen news stories warning against this stuff for at least a decade and I guess the counterfeit checks are so well one, that even the banks are fooled until they try to redeem them.

sagesign

When I have time I love to get these guys hopes up. Countless emails and as many crazy questions as I can think of. The last one I dealt with, I felt a bit bad, so I decided I would upgrade his banner request of (IT SHALL COME TO PASS) <-- just as he wrote it, and include a picture of Mr. Fernandez, or at least my interpretation of him. Sadly I never heard back from him, I have a feeling whatever it was he was trying to pass became the death of him.

Attachments

• 001_e.jpg
    001_e.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 118

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I have time I love to get these guys hopes up. Countless emails and as many crazy questions as I can think of. The last one I dealt with, I felt a bit bad, so I decided I would upgrade his banner request of (IT SHALL COME TO PASS) <-- just as he wrote it, and include a picture of Mr. Fernandez, or at least my interpretation of him. Sadly I never heard back from him, I have a feeling whatever it was he was trying to pass became the death of him.
:ROFLMAO:​