• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I really don't know what to think about this.

Matt-Tastic

If you want to get something out of it, I'd tell him you're not interested in the company, but (depending on his financial liability) could take the assets off his hands with a small profit for him. If you know the value of everything in the shop, let him know that and offer +25% in profit for him. He gets out free and clear, and you get a printing business for a decent investment.

Then, drop the Brother in law, hire a good second employee and get some money in your pocket. Its a hard road, but if you are at all interested in running your own shop, make a reasonable offer on exactly what he physically has to sell. A name is only as valuable as the people behind it.

MrSalumi

Simple.. Tell him you think he is gouging and the business isn't worth that much. If you are interested, tell him what you think its worth and what you would pay for it. Likely he'll get pissed and think you are trying to steal it. Go back to work the next day and pretend that nothing happened and that everything isn't awkward.. Realize it is awkward.. Find another job.

or... just tell him no thanks...

bernie

talk to your accountant ... let your accountant tell you every reason in the book that buying this would not be a good move for you ... tell your boss ... "my accountant said
no"

EASY

DizzyMarkus

Is there and ending to the story? A few months old, none the less I still read and learning from it. Wow what a spot your were put in.

Markus

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Interestingly enough, story ended about a month ago. Shop imploded under owners medical bills ... so no more store. Sad, but what can you do ... just sorry it happened in the span of 2 weeks. :noway:

Next week I'm getting my dba so it's fine. It's a few months earlier than I expected (I thought around March or May shop might eat it) so i've been a little in the land of catch up to get back up to snuff. ... Funny enough, 4 of my now previous clients have found my phone number and have called me atleast once a week seeing if I'm back up and running.

Mixed blessing for the wife though, she gets to see me a lot more in the mornings for the last month (she works nights) so she's happy with that ... but she forgot how chipper I am in the morning ... so imagine a happy clown honking a horn at a sleeping tiger. :thumb: