• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I see the ad and had to ask..

TDFcustomSL

Has anyone actually used this with any luck? I'm thinking of using it for some decals on race cars that will be replaced about once a month.

Thanks!

http://www.instantonemedia.com/wholesale-vinyl-p/5110-g-m.htm

I love it. Actually printing 2 race car wraps with it this weekend and have done several others with it in the past. Its actually primarily what I use. It has held up very well for me. The only complaint I have is the shipping method. The end caps are always broke and the vinyl is always damaged somewhere. However, after rolling off a few feet of vinyl the damage is gone and im good to go with it. For the price I don't mind losing a few feet because of damage. Try it, I think youll like it. Seems like everyone does.

S

spmracing

Are you using their laminate also? I cant wait to see what I'm getting into...

dfelty

Has anyone tried using this over rivets? I have a few race car wraps lined up that I'm looking for an affordable material like this to use. The only thing that would concern me is all of the body rivets on these cars. I've been using IJ180 since installation is great over rivets, but I would love to be able to offer something a little more affordable.

truckgraphics

Video Seems to Include an Arlon Clip

They offer a great price and we are going to have to try it...

Interestingly, the section of the video where someone is smooshing bubbles with their fingers looks just like a clip from an Arlon video. This stuff, according to the specs, is thinner than Arlon, however.

S

spmracing

They offer a great price and we are going to have to try it...

Interestingly, the section of the video where someone is smooshing bubbles with their fingers looks just like a clip from an Arlon video. This stuff, according to the specs, is thinner than Arlon, however.

Right now i'm using arlon 4560 and the underside of the vinyl is IDENTICAL to how theirs looks...

InstantOneMedia

I love it. Actually printing 2 race car wraps with it this weekend and have done several others with it in the past. Its actually primarily what I use. It has held up very well for me. The only complaint I have is the shipping method. The end caps are always broke and the vinyl is always damaged somewhere. However, after rolling off a few feet of vinyl the damage is gone and im good to go with it. For the price I don't mind losing a few feet because of damage. Try it, I think youll like it. Seems like everyone does.

We are getting our next shipment of 1000 rolls next month and the end cap issue will be resolved. We have switched to better caps so the material should arrive in better condition.

d fleming

I'm a little gun shy on them right now. Have a roll of air egress that won't go through printer without buckling and causing strikes. Has made my day today and last night hell.

tylercrum

It looks like there is a calendared and cast vinyl but only one laminate. Is the laminate cast or calendared? I wouldn't want a calendared laminate on a cast vinyl...

InstantOneMedia

It looks like there is a calendared and cast vinyl but only one laminate. Is the laminate cast or calendared? I wouldn't want a calendared laminate on a cast vinyl...

Right now we only have the one calendered laminate. Our customers pair the cast laminate they usually use with our cast vinyl. We do not recommend using our laminate with the cast vinyl.

d fleming

Had to update. Don has been fantastic with his customer service. Turns out a new roll that came today runs perfect through the printer so I'm guessing I just got the one lucky roll that had issues. Don has stuck with it and made it right front to back. I will continue to use him and recommend him to others.:smile:

Love their vinyl. The $129 is good. Starts to shrink a little in high heat areas. When the vehicle is outside a lot. For temporary this is more then perfect though. Even long term indoor or outdoor just not high heat and cold nights. I haven't had the chance to mess with the cast yet. It's still sitting at the shop.

S

spmracing

I will be purchasing a few roles and let everyone know my experience. I use a ton of vinyl that gets used for 3 hours and then torn off so this will be perfect.

rdmdarr

Had to update. Don has been fantastic with his customer service. Turns out a new roll that came today runs perfect through the printer so I'm guessing I just got the one lucky roll that had issues. Don has stuck with it and made it right front to back. I will continue to use him and recommend him to others.:smile:

I know you have my same printer, I love instantone media but it buckles alot on my seiko. What do you keep your humidity at? I am keeping mine at 35% and it still wants to buckle.