• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Still Get Grainy Screens, Any Ideas

joeutut

I posted this earlier and had to break away, but after messing around with settings and tweaking profiles I still can not print a smooth screen. I am thinking either the printer is not capable or I am not.
Stats:
Printer HP 3500 CP, Rip Wasatch 5.1, Image 4 color but does not matter cause even 1 color is grainy.
Ink HP UV
Have tried stoccastic and digital mezzotint screens, stoccastic is better.
I bought the printer very used so I had to download the drivers from HP.
In my printer list it says "HP Designjet 3000 (600dpi)
I have used numerous profiles and have tweak them also. It gets a little better but not sellable.
This is an old printer and I am doing ok with it except for this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:frustrated:

Bill Modzel

You really need to define your "grainy" issue. I'm having a hard time figuring out what your real problem is so it's hard to offer an meaningful solution. Can you post a few digital pictures alone with a ruler for scale so we can see what your actually talking about?

joeutut

I'm sorry, I guess it could be described as ratty, or mottled. Picture a 50% screen and if it prints properly it looks smooth and you can,t tell if it is a solid spot color, well I don't get it to look like that. My screens look hairy, you definetly know its a screen. I am at home right now so I do not have a picture

joeutut

Could it be a 600 dpi printer or Pigment ink. I know it could be the substrate but I have tried it on photo paper and vinyl and get the same result