• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I think I got a great deal??

FMVinyl

So i picked it all up today let me know if it was a good deal. Its a prints system 770 4 color 4 station press,exposure unit,flash dryer, conveyor unit, 4 screens and a few squeegees. All for 2k Whats your thoughts? I feel like I did real well.

Mosh

Does it have micro registration? How wide is the conveyor? What size are the plattens on the printer? Doesn't sound too bad if you are a beginner.
Most basic now is at least 6 color machines....

FMVinyl

came with youth and two adult size plattens. I am not real sure the width of The conveyor I would say about 24". I have done some printing before but this will be my first setup thats mine. I believe it does have the micro.

Mosh

Can you clamp the screen down in the holder, and then adjust it into registration without loosening the screen from the clamps? That is the key between a normal machine and a good one. In order to do process work you need this. Also the dryer, you need to run some stuff and be sure you are getting the ink to the correct temp. Use a temp gun. The elemts go out on those and you can not tell from just feeling.

Mosh

if no micro... all you needs is a rubber mallet, just tap it into alignment.

You must not do much process work! If a mallet hits it one way, then soon it will work itself back. That works for "redneck" printing, but NOT for four color quality work.

mikey-Oh

You must not do much process work! If a mallet hits it one way, then soon it will work itself back. That works for "redneck" printing, but NOT for four color quality work.

process, not so much.... redneck's gd right though, work's for the world of fine art process as well! mostly i run two to three colors in large quantities. my gizmo art print's'll be 6-7 color, as a limited edition fine art print run, 55 signed and number. accepting pre-orders now!

Mosh

2-3 color stuff no problem, but doing process with an under of white and a couple spot colors on top using a mallet would never work. Different deal when doing 5,000 prints or just 100 two color. Its all good though, A printer and a dryer and a spot for cheap. Our dryer alone was $8K, but we run alot of prints.

mikey-Oh

how often is 5 color spot w/ an underbase required though? bet i could sep most of anything things down to three including underbase

FMVinyl

Can you clamp the screen down in the holder, and then adjust it into registration without loosening the screen from the clamps? That is the key between a normal machine and a good one. In order to do process work you need this. Also the dryer, you need to run some stuff and be sure you are getting the ink to the correct temp. Use a temp gun. The elemts go out on those and you can not tell from just feeling.

Yes I can adjust it without loosening the screen. I will for sure check temps out tomorrow when we do some prints with it. I think it is a great deal for 2k. I found one that did not have conveyor and it sold for 4500. It seems to have good reviews. about the only thing i found people saying is that it is over priced new.

http://www.printa.com/products/screen-printing-equipment/

Mosh

Sounds like a good deal. If I see any of my "employees" hitting my M&R auto with a mallet they are headin to Mexiclly in a hurry!!!!

mikey-Oh

hahaha. you fired(they left for the south) all your cans chris! aren't you currently enjoying the life of a singular production studio?!

seriously though, gizmo america ltd edition available for the first time this march