• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I think I have a solution to drying Falcon Jrs...

Bogie

At least for the ones that are plugged directly into the parallel port on XP machines. There's also a workaround for network shared printers and USB printers, but I need to hunt it down...

Make yourself a CMYK job that takes up a quarter inch or a half inch of material.

Print it to a file (easy to do in Flexi, not sure about other programs). Save that file as "mutoh.prt" or something like that, in your root directory.

Make a batch file that says

copy mutoh.prt lpt1:
exit

save that in the root directory as mutoh.bat.

Go to your control panel, and look for the "scheduled tasks" icon. Set up a task to run daily that consists of running mutoh.bat.

As long as the computer is on, you'll now run a little ink through the heads daily, regardless of what else is going on in your life.

Bogie

I'd like to say that this works...

Printer is stored in a warehouse - but is plugged in to a computer running the batch file. You can see how many days it has been since it was used by the number of strips on the piece of throwaway.

Did have a problem in the late summer - things gummed up, and the maintenance station pump shaft gear lost its teeth. A machinist friend fixed me a gizmo to replace the pump-end of the shaft, and haven't had any problems with it since, except that the print quality is all over the place since it's a little chilly back there...

Graphics2u

That's a great Idea! You could do the same thing with a printer on a network also. Your batch file would just send it to the IP address of the printer.

iSign

welcome back!

nobody was running the Bogie.bat file, so we didn't get our canned "Good Morining from Wentzville" message everyday... but thanks for the follow up on your successful idea!