Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i screwd up!....

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by decaljunkie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    i tried to clean the black strip on my mutoh falcon out door ll last night, the one that the pinch rollers sit on t pinch the media down i uncrewed the strip to clean the lint out of it. and put it back on and now my mutoh wont turn on. when i plug in the machine my poer from the plug socket on my wall pops. did i scew up?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Sounds like you did not connect a ground somewhere.

3. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    As you know from having it apart your Platen heaters are attached to that piece. Sounds like something is shorted in the heater wiring perhaps.

4. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    ma be i pinched a wire or busted one, but would this cause the whole machine not to turn on?

5. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008

It very well could.

6. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    you sure can! i fixed this baby! i wnet back and opened the black strip that the pinch rollers sit on, and there was a pinched wire i noticed. i let it loose and it started right up! now there is another problem my black and magenta heads are not printing. i noticed when i do a cleaning on regular mode, only blue and yellow show up. what could this mean? are my megenta and black heads dried? how can i save them? i havent printed in 2 days. heellpppp