Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I knew this font, I don't

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Marlene, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I thought this was a Goudy or Garamond with swashes but I'm not finding it any where. I know I've seen it but for the life of me, I can't name. anyone know the name? the picture is pretty crappy, sorry. I tried to run it thru "find this font" but it's a pretty bad sample so I got nothing.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Town & Country appears to be Classical Garamond Bold with the ampersand being from the italic set. The secondary copy appears to be Goudy Old Style Bold.

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    a mish mash of the BEMBO familia

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    FWIW, the Country line has been condensed and the swash characters are from Poetica Roman Small Caps Alternates while the balance is not and does not come up with a match in my database. I agree that the balance of the text appears to be someone's version of Garamond ... possible one of the Adobe Garamond family.

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    thanks so much. Don't you just hate it when you feel that you know a font but it isn't it! You guys are the best!