Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wanna buy some grass!

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by cdiesel, May 28, 2007.

1. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Synthetic grass, that is. I need a high res close up of some of that fake lawn that's all the rage now. Personally, I'd never own a fake lawn..nothing better than mowin the lawn and drinkin a beer on Saturday afternoon.
    I've looked on istock, getty, sxc, and I can't find what I'm looking for. Anyone have anymore ideas? Also, I received three different files from the customer to use, but I can see the preview, but the .tif files won't open in any of our programs. Thanks for any help guys!

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Digital camera?

3. cdiesel

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I thought about that, but I'd like to get the design wrapped up today, and they're not open.. And they're like 35 miles away.

4. cdiesel

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Found one

on istock.. had to search for "fake" instead of "synthetic". Doh!

5. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    you can paint it and scan it... want it cut grass tape where it is cut...

freedom is not free

6. Ocean Designs

Ocean Designs Member

Jun 14, 2004
    try istockphoto.com you might have to pay for it but in a pinch it could do the trick

7. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I know I'm a little late but... Sometimes people give me digital files with certain formats that I cannot open and I just rename the file with an extension that I can open and it is miraculously usable.

Such as your case with the Tif files... I recently had a .tif that wouldn't open for some reason. I just right clicked the file on the desktop, renamed it with the same name but followed by the ".bmp" extension. Then opened it with Flexi.. no problem, no loss of quality, all good.

This works for me sometimes with .wmp files converting them to .mp3. Also .tif or .bmp converting to .jpg.

Now you be careful... I am not responsible if something gets messed up, but it works for me, not always, but sometimes.

Good luck.

8. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    CASH, GRASS OR ***......No one gets a design for FREE..........hehehehe