• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I wanna try some solar LED lighting, anyone do this before?

visual800

I have a triangular sign, 4x4x4x6' tall that a dr office is moving into. this sign already had the .125 aluminum panles with routed letters and plexi behind it, so we made the new doc the same panels. went to install yesterday and remove old stuff and damn thing has no lights in it and no woring! Obvisoulsy this sign was moved from another location OR the previsou doc just never bothered.

The new doc mentioned some solar powered LED and I said Id check into it. the area on the panels to light up or only 2' x 3' on 2 panles so not alot of realetstae to light up

has anyone here done solor lighting? Igot on web and its out there but i want actual people not specs

Christian @ 2CT Media

We've done 8 50watt Solar LED lamps for some trailers we did, They were bright as heck. Shortly over time the Solar panels didn't produce enough to maintain the brightness so we had to direct wire them.

These units were $550/ea and came from Sylvania.

signage

Bruce by the time you figure out the cost of adequate solar pannels batteries etc. It is a lot cheaper to just run electric to the sign! Adequate solar pannels will run you a couple thousand dollars plus the rest of equipment.

visual800

thanks to all, I am actually pulling up some good prices on this on the web. just need to find the right set up like Media mentioned above. I fI can get any of these damn compnaies to reply back to me with their form only contact. I get so damn tired of not being able to call someone sometimes