• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I was beginning to feel left out, (scams)

petesign

After all the threads on here about people scamming sign shops, and the realization that nobody had tried to scam me yet, I was feeling left out. To my relief, this morning I have gotten two requests in my email. Yay!

here's the email

Sales,
I am Dori Martins, I represent CM INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES , We will like to order some of your products and I will want it shipped to our place as follows :

Shipping Address:
Tuladhar Plaza, 31 New Road,
Kathmandu Nepal

So i hope to hear from you soon regarding my inquiry and to know where i can view your products you have presently in stock and if there is any special pricing i need to know about. Lastly regarding payment i will be sending you my credit card to charge for my order to avoid delays but can
you let me know the type of credit cards you accept?

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards.

NOTE IN TERMS OF SHIPPING THAT CAN BE ARRANGED WITH THE RIGHT SHIPPING
COMPANY AND PAPER WORK

Sales

-- I like how he just asks for products. I wonder if I should string him along with some racy products like edible underwear....

SignManiac

Here's one in this mornings spam folder :)

From Toure Juana,

Dear One,

Good Day to you, I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before. I am Toure Juana, I am contacting you on behalf of myself and my youner sister Elizabeth, We are an orphan. We lost our mother at tender age. Now we lost our father to the war in Cote D’Ivoire. (My Father Late Mr Lawrence Juana) He was a coffee and Cocoa merchant before he died.We was banished by our late father’s other wife’s grown up children.

But God is so kind to wipe my tears, as we just discovered a secret document that my late father deposited One Trunk box with a storage company in Benin. Now we are in Benin Republic and have confirmed the deposits.The One Trunk deposited box contain,US$12.5m (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars). But the safe keeping house does not know the true content of the trunk package to be cash as our late father declared upon deposit as containing family valuables.

All that we want is your sincere and genuine help to move the funds abroad. We shall discuss your percentage when you reply with your contact details.I will give you more information as soon as I read

from you.

Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Toure Juana.

Swell Signs

I just had a scammer call through TTY pretending to be deaf which is a new one. First question...do I take credit cards? After 10 minutes of a sob story about a dead uncle and wife in hospital, he says he has cars he needs vinyl for in Michigan (I am in Missouri) and wants to have the cars brought here. When I asked him to email me since I had an appointment walking in this is what I got.

The cars are with the shipper in MI State but i live here in state so that is why i want my cars towed back home for the signage in good time so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop for the job and i want flames and bubbles on the cars ....flames design on the Camry and bubbles on the Escalade