• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

i was thinking..

ravitan

i just wanter to say
our job combaind hi tec skills like softwaer issu digital machins
, design skills and marketing knowleg
, tecnical skills working whith electricity, drills cement wood tin ect
+ the risk issu going up lebber's on roofs hanging..
and every day its a new thing
new sign differnt grafhic or tec to use
i dont see any sing makers that get thilty rich or that i get a real liqer profit
out of the job even in big projects
+the a a lot ouers
i thinking of a nich
maybe to aim to achitect's
i tayerd from fast food
afther working 3 years as in somone place and 4 years as self impolyed in wodering who the next years will be
just wodering

Marlene

English may not be your first language, but you sure summed the life of a sign maker very clearly!

R08

Translation(?):
With all the crap and hassle involved in the sign making business with no opportunity for easy-(get-rich-quick type) money... Is it really worth it? I went from working at Macdonald's to working as a helper in a sign company. So should I be an architect?

Is this what you are saying?

I'd say if you have an opportunity to go to school to be an architect... Go for it!

ravitan

hi rob i was doing dileverys for mcdonald as well
i wish i can mke thier signs
who can i say it in english
i was talking to marketing espacialy to architects
chanching my stodiu wrap it ,clean it new furnituor
what do u say?

R08

hi rob i was doing dileverys for mcdonald as well
i wish i can mke thier signs
who can i say it in english
i was talking to marketing espacialy to architects
chanching my stodiu wrap it ,clean it new furnituor
what do u say?

From the sounds of it youi're trying to get Mcdonald's sign business by talking to their marketing dept and architects.
And you've changed your shop and bought new equipment(?).

Good luck.

I still say .. being a architect is a shorter path to the good money

R08

damm u r creative

Not sure what you mean.. but I'll take it as a compliment. :)

I think you may have a good idea when it comes to finding a niche like selling to architects and such.
No harm in trying.

Craig Sjoquist

After 35 years, I enjoy it still no I'm not going to be rich, why not a business person.

Marketing to architects is a good place for developments and entry way signage, knows of a firm that also does landscaping because of the marketing to them.

Marketing to any trade is great, several have used it to specialize to

ravitan

dont get me worng

this post dont lead to nothing.

the thing is not to get rich
just to come back erly for the kid

iSign

clean new studio, and marketing to architects and other sources of high dollar projects seems like a very good idea...

becoming an architect does NOT seem like a good idea (which someone else mentioned... not you) I think architects are suffering long hours and low pay just like sign guys..

..so if you want to be home early for your kids.. either become a VERY disciplined self employed sign guy..

OR WORK FOR A SIGN COMPANY WHERE YOU GET OFF AT 5PM EVERY DAY!

visual800

hey at least when you get to be an architect you can tell a stpid sign person that you want a sign with a company name thats 24 characters long at 12" tall letters to fit in a 4x8!!!!!

for those guys to be so smart sometimes they really are freaking stupid

ravitan

hey at least when you get to be an architect you can tell a stpid sign person that you want a sign with a company name thats 24 characters long at 12" tall letters to fit in a 4x8!!!!!

for those guys to be so smart sometimes they really are freaking stupid

:thankyou:

yep that's what i ment and 4 that they need a good femiliur sign guy
4 the only reason : the make big projects ,intresting, exspencive & they dont pay 4 it
never the less u still have to suffer ergent+stupid=$$$

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
OR WORK FOR A SIGN COMPANY WHERE YOU GET OFF AT 5PM EVERY DAY!

I wish. I worked less hours for myself before I starting city hopping for the wife's carrier. Now I'm working 60 hour weeks (sometimes more) working for someone else ... I get time and a half now ... but not the profit margins that make working for yourself worth it. Pretty much every sign shop I have worked for has very rarely kept to the 40 hour thing. On average I always have to pull 50 hour weeks as a minimum.

ravitan

thid treat need some some blud

i sign this is 4 u

Attachments

• תמונה0249.jpg
    תמונה0249.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 115
  • police_fhashion.jpg
    police_fhashion.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg