• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I was wondering if you are doing any hiring?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Not at this moment, but I will be happy to hold on to your resume for when we are.

"I don't have one on me right now."

True story of the last 10 people coming in looking for work.

I can understand people just looking for any type of work not having an idea of what a sign company would want. What I don't get are those that think saying "I used to work for ABC Signs" is enough for me to hire them on the spot.

Kids these days.

StickerMC

Fat guy that makes stickers
Kids these days.

I offered a guy a dollar more per hour than what he was making at his current job. His excuse for not getting back to me for 4 weeks was that his cell phone had been disconnected.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
they are probably just looking for a signature on their unemployment form. you know to show they were actually "seriously" looking for a job...

Those requests were common place even a decade ago, when jobs were easier to find.

Clear Choice

they are probably just looking for a signature on their unemployment form. you know to show they were actually "seriously" looking for a job...

Yup...if they don't have a resume, I have them fill out an application before
they can add my business to their unemployment form. In the past we
have had the unemployment office and the jail work release office call
and verify someone applied.

A few weeks back one guy asked if we were hiring....THEN he asked
what we do.

Seriously job hunting...or just going thru the motions?
Really, I get the feeling if I said: "Yes, when can you start?"
some would run for the door!

RobbyMac

I remember one of those guys (looking for a sig on his unemployment) a while back. He had wife and 2 kids in the car, stopped in on a saturday when we were all working over trying to get a job done asking if we were hiring. He was wearing a t-shirt that said "I ran out of sick days so i called in dead".