• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I wish Pepsi would take a long walk off a short pier

threads1

It just happened to me too. A customer wanted signs for a biker event and I was ready to knock them out when he called and told me to forget it.............the beer company was doing them for free...........a__ holes.

TheSnowman

I wish it was only w/ beverage company's around here. We have a moron printer in town that if you order a t-shirt order, they'll throw in a ton of free banners for your sponsors, as long as they can print their own. I've lost so many CUSTOM jobs because this guy does everything for free.

I was in the graphics dept of our nations largest brewery this last week..and it is kind of ironic because they brought up this topic from another point of view.

about all of the signs and banners they can not do for customees. Sometimes it is content. Sometimes size. Design. Material..the list is endless. Yes I know and they know that some distributors give signs away to ppl that don't exactly meet their requirements but surprisingly I was shown a stack of requests from the last month of literally hundreds of banners that they could not or would not print.

most of these ppl in the shops I have encountered are exshop owners who discovered they didn't like being self employed. And as previously mentioned many of these companies you thinl are doing the work in house are actually sending it all out to sign shops...i know of at least 12 ppl on this forum doing this type of work.

do I thnk it is the most beautiful sign work? Not exactly.
but a lot of assumptions are made about this area of the industry that are not entirely correct.

Marlene

I love Coke as they pay us to make their signs for them. we letter the pre-made privilege panels (blank area on coke signs for customer's logo/name etc.) and do a ton of custom work for them. this week, I have made a HDU sign and three digitally printed Alumalite signs. check with your local Coke or Pepsi as they may be as open as ours is to having some nice signs made. I have made custom menu boards, sandblasted redwood, HDU, Alumalite, pan faces and just about anything else they need. give it a try. as far as the banners go, our local people do their own as banners are cheap and temporary

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Back in the late 70's and early 80's we did all the extra signs for Coke and Pepsi in our area. We also did it for the main electric supply company. They each had a small staff and were so busy doing freebie work for the community, that I was doing all of their hand-lettered backlits, banners and sho cards. I practically had a full time job just doing their stuff. Move ahead to to all automated systems and I slowly lost work and had to look elsewhere. That was until about the mid 90's. We still do some, but very seldom.

This whole thread has given me a new idea. :thankyou:

Graphics2u

Maybe looking up the nearest beverage distributor would be a good Idea and talk to them about subbing out their work to you. They may have in house but they may not too, and someones got to do it.

mrmoto95

I think we all should start to giveaway free Pepsi and coca cola and beer for lost leaders then we will show them. I feel your pain, but your Friend is a ASS.

JR

No doubt! Give away a free case with $50.00 purchase. People would be all over that.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
No doubt! Give away a free case with $50.00 purchase. People would be all over that.

That will show them, eh? You buy the product from the very organization that's doing whatever it's doing to sell its product and to which you want to give the finger and then give it away.

I'm in awe at such a display of acumen.