• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I wonder what Moze is up to during the lock down

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Mine's a 3-speed. The 20v is set up for 1st gear, the 60v for 2nd then both together for 3rd.

Today, had to use it as intended though. Spent the day cutting up a neighbors tree that was around 80' tall that fell in my mother-in-laws yard.

20200414_110546.jpg

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I have gas powered chainsaw, Stihl 16”. How well do the battery powered ones work compared to gas?

Stihls and Dolmar (now Makita) are my favorites.

The 60v DeWalt will keep up with a mid-sized gas saw. It's not going to keep up with a Farm Boss though.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I had never heard of it.....wasnt sure if that was a Texan or southern thing. It was really good though. She said that's how her mom and grandmother used to make them.

signage

Those saw look like they haven't been used, no worn paint on the bars and no wood chip saw dust! 80' tree must be had to cut with such short bars.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Soo... then the real question is, why would you have two different brand new chain saws to cut down a tree?

Moze is an undercover Dewalt employee salesman posing as a sign guy.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Those saw look like they haven't been used, no worn paint on the bars and no wood chip saw dust! 80' tree must be had to cut with such short bars.

I try to take pretty good care of my tools. They normally get cleaned after use.

That being said, the 20v has only been used a few times. The last bad storm we had, I used it to help neighbors cut up a bunch of fallen limbs along with a bunch of our own. I've used it on 4"x4" posts. It's a great little saw for that kind of stuff.

The 60v was new in the picture posted above. I just bought it this morning since the larger part of this tree was too large for the 20v saw (only has a 12" bar and less power).

This is the bar on the 60v after cutting all of the larger stuff up:

20200414_182849.jpg

20200414_111217.jpg

20200414_115507.jpg

20200414_115914.jpg

20200414_115926.jpg

20200414_133330_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mine's a 3-speed. The 20v is set up for 1st gear, the 60v for 2nd then both together for 3rd.

Today, had to use it as intended though. Spent the day cutting up a neighbors tree that was around 80' tall that fell in my mother-in-laws yard.

View attachment 146575

Chainsaws? I was expecting a brushless 20/60 volt rechargeable ultralight 1 man spotter plane.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Battery powered anything is getting pretty good now a days. We got a battery powered Dyson vacuum for Christmas and it does just as good as the corded one.. on regular setting. If I use the turbo you can't even move the thing because it sucks itself to the floor.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Battery powered anything is getting pretty good now a days. We got a battery powered Dyson vacuum for Christmas and it does just as good as the corded one.. on regular setting. If I use the turbo you can't even move the thing because it sucks itself to the floor.

Yeah , it's crazy. Milwaukee has come out with a cordless line of "light construction equipment". Full size breaker hammer, core drill, sewer drum with powered treads for step-climbing, cut off saw, etc. The batteries are larger than cordless tools but they classify these as "equipment" not "tools".

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Man, what a mess! How many times did you have to recharge the batteries with that beast?

Love seeing your vast selection of (ahem....Dewalt) tools. Hope you're doing well.