• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I would just like to know....................................

gabagoo

If you need the font simply to replicate their logo, why not just redraw it...faster than spending all that time searching, and waiting for responses on this forum.

I miss the days when I first got my Gerber 4b with 2 FONTS... You can have helvetica medium or times new roman...take your pick!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some of you are drifting way out into left field or the Twilight Zone. I'm not talking about changing someone's complete brand or marketing plan around. I'm not even saying everytime someone brings a vehicle... you try to out-do the last guy. I'm simply asking was any thought put into this endeavor, before shoving these ugly things on us, which only Tiki can identify ?? When looking at most of these, which I do look at them, cause it really gives me a good chuckle..... but none of them ever seem to be for a high end company with millions invested in their image, not with the crap I've seen here over the last few years.

Yes, you need tact and some salesmanship to find these things out, but for the sake of the viewing world that hasta look at this sh!t, is it just a little possible to maybe.... a-s-k... if they'd consider a facelift or some gentle improvement ?? :covereyes:

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If I get a sign that is poorly drawn up, AND I have the time and desire... I'll redraw it with some improvements I think work better and show them both options and let them pick.

2B

I'm just going to side with the guy paying me, and I'll do my damndest to make sure it's quality work. Through the years and the beers I've learned you can't fix stupid, but you can make fun of them once the sign is up.

with payment processed and in the bank

Enola

Well, some sign people think some fonts look good and I think they look ugly. As far as "tact", I was told a long time ago to never tell someone their sign looks ugly. I would never tell anyone they were ugly and it goes for signs and fonts also.

really?
album-jpg.129915

netsol

gino, aren't you fighting an uphill battle, if they already have business cards, website, etc using that incredibly ugly font? i would think that ship has alredy saled

i have done business with a very large client for 22 yrs. i will do something one of his managers ordered & he will ask me "doesn't that seem stupid to you"?

to which i always resond that if that was the acid test the place would look very different