• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I1 Extreme users and (I share)

sfr table hockey

Has anyone else tried the "I share" for the I1 Extreme? I just found out about it when I asked how to read a color from a paint chip, printed sample etc. I didn't know if you could or not until I called them and they told me about the I share free download. It gives the pantone color of whatever you put the eye one on to read.

There is not much info that came with the eye one so is there more out there that I am missing. If you have found something for your I1 Extreme that was not in the original software let us know.

sjm

What exactly are you looking for? The built-in help that comes along with iShare covers most areas.

sfr table hockey

What exactly are you looking for? The built-in help that comes along with iShare covers most areas.

Sorry, my main point was I did not know this was available til now. I have it installed and have used it just fine. What I was just posting about was what other things might be out there that are helpful to use with the I1 that did not come with the original software. There was not a lot of help manuals for the I1.

Also just in case others (mabey I'm the only one) that did not know about it.

Kind of a what have you done with your I1 Extreme topic?

Tovis

I found it too, you can find video tutorials for download on the x-rite website. Let me know how it goes, I'm trying to figure it out too.

sjm

Sorry, my main point was I did not know this was available til now. I have it installed and have used it just fine. What I was just posting about was what other things might be out there that are helpful to use with the I1 that did not come with the original software. There was not a lot of help manuals for the I1.

Also just in case others (mabey I'm the only one) that did not know about it.

Kind of a what have you done with your I1 Extreme topic?

My apologies first, as I misread your opening post. The kool thing I find about ishare is that it includes the complete Pantone Coated and Uncoated Library. You can find this on your imatch install CD. Coupled with a calibrated monitor and your printer's ICC profile, not only do you get a visual match but also a delta-e value on screen before putting ink to paper.

The other nice thing is that you can read the lighting conditions in your studio or your client's and then use that measurement to see how it effects colour against some of the other known lighting standards.

While it has it's limitations as it does not support the ICC 4 profile standard, in other areas it will save much trial and error.