• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I1 Isis calibration problems

lephot

Hi,

We are happily using until now an I1 and a DTP70 spectro to calibrate our printers.
For some reasons we need a third one and just bought an I1 Isis.

After having tested the Isis, it came out that the result are much différent from the I1 and the DTP70. profiles are much warmer and/or yellowish

I have contacte X-rite who said that it is normal as the light source is a Led !

I cannot be happy with such a reply, as when I profile a media, as long as we are in the media's gamut, a color should be the same color again regardless of the spectro I am using. This is the case between the DPT70 and the standard I1 which do not have any visible difference.

This has been test with Monaco profiler or Profilemaker !

Would anybody have some ideas or input about this ?

thanks

Rooster

Hi,

We are happily using until now an I1 and a DTP70 spectro to calibrate our printers.
For some reasons we need a third one and just bought an I1 Isis.

After having tested the Isis, it came out that the result are much différent from the I1 and the DTP70. profiles are much warmer and/or yellowish

I have contacte X-rite who said that it is normal as the light source is a Led !

I cannot be happy with such a reply, as when I profile a media, as long as we are in the media's gamut, a color should be the same color again regardless of the spectro I am using. This is the case between the DPT70 and the standard I1 which do not have any visible difference.

This has been test with Monaco profiler or Profilemaker !

Would anybody have some ideas or input about this ?

thanks

I would go back to X-rite and speak with someone else. They should all be calibrated to the same standard.