Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I1 Pro profiler not working

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by peterprintingparty, Nov 30, 2020.

1. peterprintingparty

peterprintingparty Member

Jun 20, 2019
    New Mexico
    This may be a long shot, but it seems like I'm getting the runaround with Xrite. When I try to run the first part of profiling, I get a red blinking light on the camera arm and I get a notification that "Calibration Failed". The arm won't even move when I hit "Start". We've had this profiler for a few years and we got it when we first installed Caldera.

Has anyone had similar issues with their profiler?

2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Are you placing the aperture on the white tile that shipped with the i1 Pro? Without the tile/ base, the device internal calibration will fail.

There is an i1 Diagnostics software package that is available on the X-Rite web site to test all functionalities of the device and issue a Pass/ Fail for the unit.

3. peterprintingparty

peterprintingparty Member

Jun 20, 2019
    New Mexico
    So I figured it out. Turns out when I updated Caldera, it updated my device preferences and I had the wrong device selected when trying to profile. Huge headache trying to figure out what the problem was, turns out I'm just a big dummy.

Thanks for the reply!

• Like Like x 1