Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icc color profile needed

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by mfatty500, Sep 28, 2020.

1. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Who can I turn to, where to get a profile made? Where do I start?
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Are you looking at making your own profiles or do you just need one specific profile? What rip do you have?

there’s a few options, some more reliable than others. One, download various online profiles that have a similar media profile to yours then test them all until you find one you like.

Option 2 would be to buy an i1 or similar and start creating your own, depending on rip you may not need additional software I.e. onyx has a built in profile engine.

Option 3, that you may get away with based on how good you get on with your supplier, is you can sometimes get them to come out and profile the media on your machine. That’s the best option if you don’t end up creating your own. A profile made on your printer will always be better than a generic profile made on some demo unit.

have you reached out to your supplier and asked for a profile for that specific media? Usually they have them.

3. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Firstly thanks for your reply, I'm trying to get a profile made for my Epson Et15000 printer, converted to inks for sublimation. I'm using epson sublimation inks (ink that is meant for the Epson F570) in this printer. Iam not using a a RIP software for this printer.

4. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    im going to suggest buying an i1 studio. You have a desktop printer, getting someone out to profile for you will cost a lot. but you'll get the right colours.
    getting an i1 studio will probably get you where you need for probably the same price.
    Or get an i1pro3 if you can afford to.

5. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    Im pretty sure they use colorlogic colorant & copra for it too, so you'll get a solid profile even if you mess up on the print.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Thank you all for the suggestions